Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks...
im hurting but im moving on, I know he wouldn't have wanted me to look back and doubt myself or hurt...

and today whent with a friend, she had to drop her foster dog in to be spayed and I neede groceries...
well apparently life is saying "no time to slow down..."
on our way out of the vet office, in the middle of the parking lot I see a box...now the building nextdoor was having some constricuton work done with sheet rock and scrap piled nearby and I was just gong to ignore it as trash...until something told me not to.
I wandered over and sure enough, a box full o kittens.
took them inside, I know for a fact the cat rescue run out of this particular vts is FULL...I opend the box...and inside were a bunch of aprox 3-4 week old bay kittens.
I know for a fact that this rescue has eithanized litters before when not having the resources so I told them IF they didn't have the room I can take them UNTILL they are old enough to be vaccinated and spayed/neutered (about 8-9 weeks or 2lbs whichever comes first) the morning I drop them off for vaccination/spay/neuter I will NOT be coming to pick them back up...BUT I can keep them until then.

o off to do grocery shoping the back to pick dog an the box o kittie shome.
I will NOT be fostering for this rescue (or any) ever again...after the reception I ecived when pincking them up...I mean im doing THEM a favor, it would cost them time and money to keep or euthanize these babies...they don't have room, a simple, hey thanks...but no instead im being barked orders about how I NEd to do this and I NEEd to do that...I mean come on, this is not my first tim with kittens, ive told this vet and her staff before I was a vet tech...this is nothing new...

anywho, they gave me kmr aid the kittens wernt old enough to lap yet so id have to bottle or syrnge feed, a bag of dry food and a box of canned sci-die kitten food
got them home and settled into an under bed box, itll only last them mabe a week before I have to move them to a crate or playpen but for rightnow itll work, then I mixed em up some wet food and kitten milk mush...yup they lapped it up...messily but they can lap...so im thinking 4 weeks old.
once they hit 2lbs I take em in, theres no cost involved to me (unless I want to aopt one, they hinted at, im sorry but if im rasinging them I shoudlbe able to eep one for free...not that I need another cat or want one...) they'll go in and that's that.
and ill be VERY firm on that...I canot have 7 teenage kittens running round hre all because their adoption fee is too high to get good turnover on the cats.
people in THIS area arnt going to pay $80 for a cat whn they can get oe free and spayed/neutered with the low cost for $30, shots even with rabies are $20 with the low cost vac clinic...hmmm, lets see $50 or $80?! I wonder.

anyway, I figured they were meant to find me and visa versa so there now in the spare bedroom for the next 4 weeks...and you KNOW im going to be feeding them as much as they need to make 2lbs asap...im on the way home thinking WTH did I just agree too...

but then...I cant turn fate away because next time it could be something great and she might not bother knocking.

anywho...
otherwise not much going on. getting out of the house today was a good thing...if for no other reason than getting out.

tomorrows plan is to clean the bedroom and call the usda lady AGAIN...I swear this telephone tag is ridiculous. I need this cash,i NEED to get my septic sorted.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Good for you for stopping.

I've gotten to where I don't trust most rescues. I know someone who had their dog seized for a totally ridiculous reason. There was a lot of dirty work involved. But, they had signed a contract saying the rescue could take the dog back for any reason. (They didn't read the whole thing) Basically what it boiled down to was someone involved in the rescue group wanted the dog.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya just never know what fate has in store, do ya? For those kitties - you were in the right place at the right time! I know these guys were lucky to find you! Even if they are temporary, they can help heal your heart.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
its always a surprise...
im still not sure what ive gotten myself into...
im still pretty sure the smallest one was a "free gift with purchase" snuck in from another litter mabe lol
but this morning they are lapping wet/milk mush from a saucer so I think were going to be ok. they LOVE to snuggle and are nice and clean and soft and sweet so Im wondering if they've been hosue kittens and somethings happened to the momma...SOMEONE has spent time with these guys and that kind of person doesn't usually ustsump em ina box because they got bored...

either way we had sucesfull litterbox use in the night...and the lapping form a dish is awesome....gonna keep it pretty unny for the weekend then slowly increase consistency should be able to take em off the milk within a week 1/2 -2weeks.

checked the net box for the p-lets this morning. babies will get pulled sunday (got plans tomorrow to hang out with friends for the afternoon and don't want to not be around to feed babies if something happens.
ive got a very efinat blue girl and yellow boy, #3 looks blue (not sure on sex yet) #5 is still in the very early pin feathers and #6 is still comepltly nekkid. its amazing the difference 1 week between hatching will make in birds this tiny that grow so quickly.

ive got a waiting list

2 for a blue or yellow male
1 for 2 greens
1 for a yellow and/or blue female
1 for a blue (don't care about sex)
and 1 for a green and either a yellow or white they (want unweaned though so they are "last" on the list)

I figured betwee em that should be enough names that even ifone or 2 back out....lol.

the older white femaleshoudl also be going home on the 19th...took a discount on her to get her in a good home
probably going to keep the older green female and try to find her a boyfriend since I do have the extra breeder cage.

bunies are doing ok...
have 1 litter in the nest box form my tri female that im ust not sure on. the 3 harli kits are doing great...the 3 tri kits...lost one last night, and the othe 2 just look small overall and ot as "plump" as the harli kits...

my castor doe has been making nest building effort for a few days, shes due in the next few days...

got to try and breed bluebell in the next few days then wait a week and try for blackberry. also need to rebreed my chocolate tri doe and my 2 angora does.
these will be the last litters for the summer then ill give them all chance to recoup till fall.

todays kinda dreary and grey so im thinking its a "work on the house" kinda day. my bedroom is a disaster zone and the kitchens only mildly better.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I totally forgot you have the parrotlet babies! You do keep busy, girl.

How are the goats and the pigs? You milking?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I try I try, it helps!
one of my frineds said to find my joy because it would drive out the darkness...
this box of kittens...I think was my joys way of finding me....

pigs are doing good, I don't see it yself but the neighbor is commenting about how much they've grown.

I did milk lilly a few times but then I ended upw ith that nasty chest infection (that's still hanging round) and then with everythiggoing on, ive kindaleft her to her baby for now and shes not producing as much (damend has gone down)

I need to get a milking stand and milking shelter built befor the next kidding session
it was just so arkward wrestling the others out of the barn, keeping her in, itting on the floor ect...so im thining of building a 3 sided shed with a built in milking stand enough room to maneuver an then a livestock gateacros the front to make it easier.

dad has been continuing his property search in NJ and ound one he likes on 5 acres, existing barn, small storage shed 1 acre patue fenced that used ot have a horse and a cow on it, lots of land, pool ect...
hes talking about taking out the existing storage building if he were to go for it and bulding a "garage" (my house) in its spot since many areas hofnj have laws about building (hilang laws or soething like that)
but we'll see....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It really is hard to see the pigs growth when you see them every day - but they do grow fast!

A milking stand makes it sooo much easier. It's hard to milk when you're on the ground with the goat - I did that for awhile...it's no bueno!

Hope your dad finds the perfect place and that it's got a perfect place for you too.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about Dozer! Knowing you did the right thing doesn't make it easier. I remember when you found him and you gave him a great life! I am glad you stay busy enough for 3 people and have animals enough for 3 also!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks, busy helps lol.

baby parrotlets are doing well.
right now ive got 2 blue girls, 1 yellow boy 1 blue unsure 1 green unsure and 1 completly nekkid one...
theres SUPPOSED to be a deposit on its way for the yellow boy...

the baby kitties are doing well, everyone agrees #7 (mighty mouse) is NOT related to the other 6...least its not just me

the puppies are doing good, got thier first shots and final deworming today and are officially "ready"
nekkid girl has figured out how to get onto the couch...lol.

in the "life hands me crazy" category, my computer is fried and im having to borrows a frined until i can get new memory for my laptop...blue screened and dads certain its a hardware/memory issue... RunDLL is having issues and software is corrupting...
though, it could be worse and have expoided in a puff of smoke or something i guess.
the loaner is SLOW...but it works so ill take slow over nothing...

im mentally exhausted at this point and not sure i can handle anything else.
BUT, im still alive!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow - those parrotlets are really cranking out the babies! I didn't remember that you had six!

Sorry about your computer...it's always something isn't it? Mine is on it's last leg. I'm having to hit some of the keys on the keyboard 4 or 5 times to make 'em work. My "n" button is the most stubborn. And the monitor is usually a nice shade of green, lol. So, maybe I'll put it on the list of thigs I need... the looooong list.

I'll bet the puppies are cute, cute, cute by now!