Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you do not need..HEY LOOK!!! Quail! LOL!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL! sorry!!!

quail stuff is actually on the plan for today too.
need to make a lowes run to get stuff to make feeders and waterers
I want to do nipple waterers for the quail. gravity fed by a bucket to a long pvc pipe should keep everything neat and tidy. they'll need bowls for te winter if it frees since I cant run poer o bucket heaters...but I think it should work quite well.
just need ot find the best deal on the nipples. already have buckets with lids so that's not a problem at least.
feeders are going to also be gravity based essentially a hopper feeder pipe within a pipe type deal.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Pinky and fem, just FYI, I have found a way for them to NOT waste so much feed!!! Get a square gallon ice cream bucket, savor every bite of the ice cream :lol: and THEN about 1-2 inches up from the bottom cut out a 1 inch by 5 inch rectangular opening horizontally on two opposing sides. Pour the feed in, and put the lid back on the ice cream bucket. The typical feeders, my quail waste SO much feed due to billing out, but with this, their head is stuck IN the feeder, so when they go to shaking their crazy little heads sideways, it just stays in the feeder. Plus, they can't scratch it out either like some of them do with the other feeders. I have saved SO much dang feed with ice cream buckets, you wouldn't believe it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
YUMMY - Toffee Crunch, Butter Pecan, Triple Chocolate Fudge... I'm gonna need LOTS of those tubs! Heck, I might even make 'em by hundreds and sell 'em. I better get busy, lol!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:lol: I make hubby "clean out" the buckets for me ;) I can't have that kind anyway :p

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
PinkFox, let us know when you find the best deal on the nipple waterers... I need to buy some too.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to having a watering system in my various stalls. I don't have my to-do list all numbered out yet though, so not sure when, exactly it will occur.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yup amazon does seem to be the cheapest overall, especially wh you nee dother stuff and can combine for the free shipping.