Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
was a good time visiting...must visit under less angry truck circumtances again soon :D

keiras first full day home has gone pretty swimmingly overall.
after the duckies whent home chicky lady finally got back to me with a time and I met up with her, then took Keira to the park.
I wasn't sure what to epect...
but she did great, a few tugs and some crossover attempts but once shegot into pace she did GREAT, kept nice pace tugs were at a very minimum, did well with the few distractions there was.

shes protective in the car, especialy with a dog that walked past...
but otherwise great!

got home to an email from the original owner who I got tallie off, id sent her amessage to let her know she was settling in and to fin out more about her.

id been told thi dog hd leash house and basic obedience...
she IS house broken least so far...
BUT...that's ALL she is...
turns out the only "leash" shes ever been on was a tie out when she was in the yard...
and she hasn't been taught any obedience or anything...

doent realy surprise me as I get a blank stare if I ask her to sit lol

and in all honesty least I wont be having to break any bad habits.

but at the same time...

the good news is after seeing how quickly she took to the leash, I realy don't think training I going to be difficult once I find us the right motivation.
the original said she was food motivate but thus far I haven't seen any REAL strong food drive...infact I think at some point shes been punished for snatching food because shes INCREDIBLY gentle and seems to actually be very reluctant about taking small piece of food from fingers.
shes exceptionally gentle.

I have to go pick up some feed tomorrow, so I think im going to be taking her to the park again tomorrow, wil probably take the long line and do a little recal work too.
im actually realy excited to work with her shes so sweet and seems very eager to please.

im pretty much already in love.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this afternoon has been aesoem, the day started to suck, as of late I must hve done something to upset someone because ive been getting moe than their usul "im being helpful" (but realy underhanded and backstabbing) kind of comments that when you first read are like oh that's nice...but the second read your like Hey...wait a min whats THAT supposed to mean...and its been realy bugging me...
especially so when they start stealing my ideas and information and claiming it as their own and benefitting from it while I remain stuck behind because I don't have the same resources...
anywho.
t was realy bugging me and I had to go get pig and goat feed so I decided to take keira to the park again. figured we can walk a little grab feed come home and giv eme ome time to clear my brain...

well...

got to the par and theres some small work crews there there making out and starting digging for a 1 mile walking path should be done pretty quick but YAY itll be much icer than walking back and forth along the road way/parking lot.

first we did some "lets ee how she is with new things" testing...the playground is wheelchair acessable with ramps and nice wide steps and good grip surface...so I took her up and down steps and ramps and round on platforms and up to the top of the slide and turned around nd came back down and she did GREAT, no pulling no fea, no hesitation, ust kept pace.
we walked one side, then stopped I asked her to wait...and she stopped and stood quietly, chatted to the work men about the path, she didn't make a peep a shuffle an attetp to say hi NOTHING...they complimented how calm and well behaved she was and couldn't belive it wheni told them this is only her second time ever walking on leash lol.
then we finished and started the walk back (its about 1/2 mile 1 way so a total of 1 mile to one end and back.)
on the way back down a bunch of guys (id say mid 20's) statd coming up in a car behind us REALY slowly, lie way too interested kind of slowly and rolled their window down...
I don't know if she could feel me get tense/anxious or if she just felt something off about the situation...but she Stoped placed herself infront of me facing the car, the hackes whent up and she let out this deep set of barks and grumbles...
the window quickly whent up and the car moved away pretty dang quickly.
I do carry bear spray and we wernt alon in the park and it was broad daylight...but still...
as soon as the car left I gave her hue fuss and we wlked back to the car. I watched but they didn't turnaround so I got her long line and decided to let her have a little fun.

put her on te long line nd let her romp...she had a blat splashing in puddles diving ove the little 2 1/2ft wide drainage cap that was filled with water form the rains (he cleared it like a dang gazelle!) LOVES the fel of the loose gravel uner her feet when turning that seemed to be a favorite...
every so often idcall her...8 times out of 10 she came running back immediately and of those about 3/4 of the time shed run to me and sit on my foot rather than ust running past me lol.
recal...not GREAT but is there...and shes pety mindfull even though she had a good 16ft to run on, she wasn't trying to run it out of my hand, shed get cclose to the end and thenloog back, the leash was for the most part relaxe and loose and shed come back and check in and go off and repeat. so while her actual recal needs some work with distractions she was VERY mindfull about where I was.

after a good 30 mins of romping got in the car an headed to the feed store.
co-ops alsways nice to me lol
she did WONDERFULLY, to getin from the loading dock theres a set of pretty steap stairs, I was worried she was going to try and do them in a singleleap which she does on the deck steps at home lol, but nope she took a step and waited and took a step and waited, she was very carefull to make sure she matched my pace. wated at the door icely.
once in she walked nicely only sniffed once...mabe twice (pig ears lol) but otherwise focused calm good pace, even down the tightest isle which is barly wide enough for a person.
there were a couple people in there she didn't approach them but when they asked if they could say hi I saidyes and told her it was ok and she went sniffed theire hand, let them pet her once or twice and then walked away lol. paying she just stood calm and quiet.

this dog has never had ANY training, shes never been actually walked on a a leash, taken into places, realy socilied outside of the breeders family, no bsic obedience and here she is like a dang pro!

even the manger mentioned she was incredibly well behaved, and more so when I explained that this was only her second time actually walking on a leash...

im SMITTEN...I realy am super impressed with her...all those strang things, newpeople and smells, and its not like she knows me all that well yet, and I was told thatches "TIMID" and "a lttle skittish"...and there she was, calm focused and collected like hed done it her whole life. the only thing that made her ansty was he door closing behind her...she kind of jumped forward a little I think she thought it was going to whack her in the butt...

other than that...seriously PERFECT.

by the time I got home the rain had cleared a little, and justbeing so dang proud of her made me feel a little less annoyed about the issue of the day so im thrilled!

now...suns setting time to go get the livestock fed and tucked in bed before it gets dark...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya know... I seriously believe that everything happens for a reason. You and Keira both went through some serious challenges before you found each other - but the best part of this is that YOU FOUND EACH OTHER! What could work out better?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And hopefully, she'll keep the creepy neighbors away!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh I think so, that bark of hers Is a BIG one...she got spooked by one of the goats last night and started barking and in the dark it wa just this ig black booming shadow, made the neighbors pitbull barks sound like a Chihuahua lol.

she and jasper justspent the last 20 minutes running round the back yard...even ruby joined in for a little while...
jasper isn't polite when he plays...he stands there and barks and bark and barks until someone chases him (or runs so he can chase them) its very bad doggy manners but ne I cant seem to train out of him...hell be running round barking even withr ruby...
but she didn't seem to mind and just ran and ran with him, funny realy considering most of the time he was doing the chasing LOL!

we had a scare yesterday with keiras tummy, I noticed blood and runs..the runs were expected with stress and a chnae of food...
well last night she passed what looked to be the remains of what was once likely a slipper sole or something similar, hard and very sharp rubber pieces held together by what was left of thin fabric...he di tell me shed taken to eating his slippers.
so she didn't get much in terms fo food last night other than a piece of bread and thi morning she got white rice and a little bread (if theres any sharp bits bread helps "pad" as it passes...poops stil not great this morning but its not liquid and bloody so I think he managed to clear it out but scratched herself up pretty good in theprocess...

ithink it say a lot thoug...so far she hasn't even hinted at TOUCHING anything I haven't purposely given her...heck she wont even play with the toys...he certinaly ahsnt tried shoes or anything like that yet...10 hours alone, 6 days a week must have had her anxiety central, shes definatly clingy and im certain shes got separation anxiety...
letshope she passed all of that little nasty and her tummy gets a little happier. shell be on rice an boiled chicken for the next couple of days, until the poop look more normal then we'll go back to raw again, if shes scratched up inside I don't want to be agrivating it if shes not digesting the bone fully yet...(takes a while for the tummy ph to get back to natural and the first comple of weeks some of the bone typically doent get fully digested)

energy is good, she likes to bounce and run and play outside but comesin and seems to be for the most part calm in the house, shes got a good apitite, drinks normally temps good and no abdominal pain/tenderness that I can see form touching her belly, so I don't thin theres a big issue hiding in there.

today will be the first day she gets left alone, itll only be for an hour (probably less) and she'll be crated, think im going to toss a peanutbutter kong in the crate with her...(its all natural no salt added and the extra protein will do her some good) and hopefully thatll keep her occupied enough while im gone that she doent stress too much.
as well as shes doing im not yet reay to start taking her place where she HAS to behave yet...want to make a few more dog friendly trips with her before we put her "in training" vest on.
im also oing to start working on sit with her today I think, leash work sems to be easy...and her recal is good even wait is pretty dang good for a dog with no training lol.
sit and down are realy the next logical steps. I just don't want to be pumping er full of raining treats while her tummy is unhappy.

otherwise the pa for todayis do soe cleaining, litterboxes, trash ect ready for garbge day tomorrow...
quick run into town a little later, and I need to get a picture of the little babbit that ready to go home this weekend.
his moma is already sold going home tomorrow so I want to try and get him sold asap.
planning on sorting through the freezer this weekend both in the house and out...see exactly what meat ive currently got that's for me, and what gets added to the dog pile (freezer burnt meats)
and make room for the quail and rabbit that will be going in...next week the plan is to take care of the 2 young bucks, the adult buck and the quail.

Oh and today is also b12 shot day...I hat shot day lol, especially since I get to do it myself...

gonna have to pick up some more needles before next week too, this is my last needle.

anywho...exciting stuff...or not lol.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like she's doing great sis! She is going to be a really good one :)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was a silly bean and left a blanket ontop of her cage...she pulled some through and de-stuffed it, but certainly not as bad as it could have been!
I AM going to have to watch her for resource guarding me, she was in my lap snoozing an ruby came over and got a little rumble in response, I made her get down and invited ruby up for a fuss, no repeat so I think it was definatly a claim.

otherwise eveyrthings ok. still gotta give myself my shot...but otherwise. not bad.