Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
back on the gym wagon today...

im pleased to annouce, despite a few more treats than usual this past wekend im down another 3lbs, 20lbs to go till i reach my major goal...

then this morning the y opend back up (they closed for a wek over 4th of july) so we whent to the gym this morning, 30mins=6 miles on the stationary bike on the interval program and then 15 mins= 2 miles on the arc trainers weight loss program (also an interval program)

this afternoon is clean everythng day...the dogs need grooming something wicked, the bird cages need scrubbing and my room looks like a disater zone because of such a busy weekend....
hard to belive were already 1/2 way through another week...

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well i think im putting in an offer on another house...
im such a glutton for punishment.

this ones on 4 1/2 acres, in "town" (town consists of a post office a convenience store and a bank... and aproximatly 300 people lol)
no restrictions acording to the agent and owner (though my agent is tripple checking that one)
the house is itsy bitsy, its 950sqft but that includes the covered carport and little laundry room...the actual house is about 625sqft lol. not much bigger than my apartment now..but thats ok.

the house has new windows, new roof, new car port new laundry room, new plumbing, new water heater, some updated electrics, new carpet, (i think the kitchen has carpet, that would need to be remidied lol.)hardwood in the living and bathroom, its painted and ready to move in. id have to supply a fridge and a washer/dryer it has a cooker. water and cooking are electric, heat is natural gas. (id probably eventually have gas piped into the kitchen)
one bedroom doesnt have a closet, that would be the guest/craft room, the master is small but has a nice sized closet (right now i dont hav any closet so even a small one would be nice lol)
i figure i can replace the window in the livingroom with a single door and screen off the carport to expand the livingspace since where i come from cars live outside lol.

the land itself is a square with the house sitting in the top left corner, close to the property line and the next door neighbor...BuT that also means theres someone right there in an emergency firstly and secondly the land i wuold be keeping potentially noisy animals has no houses backing up to it, just trees and empty land.

the land itslef is relitivly flat according to the topo map, and about 3/4 an acre of it cleared the rest trees and brush...
which means plenty of space to put in a yard for the dogs, get the orchard started and lay out space for my kitchen garden, then i can clear the rest as i go via goats lol.
its about 30 minutes to 2 large towns and 45 mins to a small "city" so all conveniences are close at hand.

its small, kinda builder basic, but definatly has the potential to be a very cute little cottage with some planting outside and paint inside :D
and there is more than enough room at the back of the house to expand back if i ever need to add space (ie a bigger kitchen) lol.

the downsides are it is very small, the kitchen has about 5sqft of space thats usable for something other than a sink...and not much room to expand further...
so im thinking i might go "boat" on this one...get a nice beice of butcher block and add a large sturdy hinge to it and a sturdy leg on one end also hinged. the leg will be solid and painted with blackboard paint and the whole thing can fold up against the wall next to the fridge...i can drop it and use it as couterspace or a kitchen table, and when its up its a functionng chalk board.
im also thinking of getting a small chest freezer and attatching some kind of cutting board ontop of the lid to act as more counter space...
the little laundry room is also probably jsut about large enough if i go wiht a stackable washer/dryer to add shelves and have a small pantry out there.

so yeah...
now i get to sign the offer, send off the earnest money and hope...if everything goes well wed plan to close the second week of august :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Really small is an upside too though ;) Costs less to heat and cool, less to clean, less roof to be replaced, etc etc :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well folks keep those fingers crossed...
the seller accepted my offer with fll temrs...
terms being, inspection, financing and seller pays all closing and prepaid except inspection.

agents got a 20% off coupon for the inspector that did the last house for me so gonna get him in on this one at a discount *yay*
so right now its just a case of getting my pre-approval letter from the bank (ive allready been pre-approved once so this shouldnt be an issue)
and assuming the inspection goes well tis just a case of me getting everything i need together for the bank to give me the money.
tentitive closing of Aug 7th! *squee*

the house is in a tiny town called Finger TN.

ill try and get some pictures posted later but im on my dads computer right now as mine died and were trying to resurect it...
see its a laptop...aparently a rather flimsy one too...
first one of the metal clips holding the lid/screen on snapped...then yesterday, the other side let go, so theres currently nothing to hold the screen up LOL.
dads trying to use his cobination of computer knowledge, soldering skills and mr-fix it ideals to try and bring it back from the floppy dead.
hey and mabe he can figure out a way to fix the 3 missing keys too OOOO....

so yeah, excited.

abi i agree, particularly on the heat and cleaning aspects LOL.
its natural gas heating too so heating bills shouldnt be bad at all!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Very nice!!! My step dad and I go look at pretty houses every Saturday. We take long, circuitous routes to the farmer's market lol. All the huge mansions downtown...

But in reality, if I owned a house, I could have 2 rooms upstairs (sleeping and craft rooms) and 2 rooms downstairs (huge kitchen and a living space). Full bath upstairs, half downstairs. I'd be set.

1/2 acre to an acre of garden space.

*shrugs*

If I didn't have a roommate, the space in my apartment would be PLENTY for me alone. Just extend the tiny kitchen into the huge living room.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thats what i figure too...
my current apartment is about 400 sqft, so this house has about 225sqft more than im living in right now and im more than comfortable living in 400sqft...
so 625 should be no problem, and then if i screen off the carport thats another 225 sqft of livingspace right there...

i love looking at "big houses" but i think anything over 1000 sqft for most normal sized families is overkill, and for me, on my own...i cant see me needing much more than what im getting.

im mostly interested in the acerage lol.

will get som pics up later for you all.
dad managed to bandaid my computer and fix its poor broken bones...

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
possibly my new house

IMG_2464.jpg

as you can see, not very 'exciting" from the outside, but i figure lots of flowers some nice climbing vines up the front...
i think ill end up taking the storm door off the front and painting the door RED
nice little bistro set on that front stoop with some potted plants too.
screen off the car port, the first window under the carport is the one i think ill eventually replace with a nice single all glass door.
nice little conversational seating area out there.

the little room at the back of the carport is the laundry room and where the water heater is aparently hidden, theres a washer dryer hook up in there...its a little tight but i might be able ot get an upright freezer in there too if im smart along with shelving to tripple use it as a small pantry.
I want to put something realy pretty on that laundry room wall that you can see from the driveway...there is power under there so im thinking of brining power down and hooking up a couple of LED lights, and buying a sheet of art glass and painting something like a tree on it in black so at night the tree is backligh in sillohuette against it...mabe i can do it in plexie instead for saftey, but i think that would be perdy!

propertyline.jpg

and that folks is my property...its 4.3 acres, about 1 acre of which is currently cleared, the rest is a mix of brush and trees of various kinds which could be slowly cleared out bit by bit as needed...i do not plan on clear cutting the land...i like trees and shade is good for livestock...plus i belive many of the trees are nice sugar maples...:D, so ill probbaly put more effot into brush hogging/goating the underbrush and simply thinning out some of the trees to make a little more room for growing space.

theres also about 2 acres behind the property thats wooded with no acess owned by a house a few doors down from this one that i might eventually try and buy up...inorder to use it for any kind of building there woudl have to be easments put in either trough the owners property or through another section of the same land from the road, it would be a very long easment...so if the owner ever sells i may try and grab the 2 directly at the back of the property...
behind that its a combination of wooded and mowed feilds with little to no housing lol...

so yeah...
*excited*