Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good luck! I'd love to be in Nashville for the weekend...sigh...such a beautiful place.

Darn hay.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well talked to my agent and she had family comming out this weekend so decided against going up, she said shed be able to show me houses, but i figure not fair to make her work a holiday weekend especially when shes got visitors so were going to hold off...
shes going to try and get out to the house im most interested in before the weekend and get some more pictures, shes also going to see if she can find any restrictions on land use, she says being 4.4 acres she cant see too many restrictions but it is within town limits of an incorporated town (of 300 people) so i want to be tripply sure before moving ahead with anything espcially because farming is my purpose for moving so far away...if im buying 4 acres i want to be able to put the livestock i realy want on it and that includes goats, chickens, rabbits, quail and a pig...

right now the plan is to do a little more checking out of thngs in that area, someone gave me the number for the town hall so i can cal and ask if theres land use restrictions as well if my agent cant find out...and if everything checks out ill be putting a blind offer in...
if they accept my offer first time great ill get my butt down there...if not ill hold off, dads having surgery on july 18th and will be off work for a month after that so the plan is if they dont accept my offer (its been empty and on the market since november 2010) then we can wait on it and plan a trip for the first week of august and put another offer in if its still there and nothing better comes along.

if they do accept my offer though i can head out there sooner and be there for inspection.

i mean its been sat on the market for 8 months now...
but they bought it for $10,000 and flipped it...
its obviosuly an investor...
so it could go 1 of 2 ways...
they obviously payed cash...so i doubt their sitting on any kind of real monthly payments, taes in the area are incredibly low too...
so there either going to take a lower offer with my terms to get it off their hands because its been sat so long...
or there going to refuse the offer and try to wait out full asking price because their monthly overhead on it is so small...

so we'll see...

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ugh, had to spend money this week...

needed a new bathing suit, my otherone has lost so much elastic that i might as well be wearing a sack lol.
looked, and looked and looked...
the good news is im in asize large bathing suit (from a 3xl)
the bad news is the cheapest i could find was $32 :( i hate spending that kind of money on anything let alone somehting that doesnt last long, but i go to the ppol enough (3 times a week) that i need a swim suit....

then today i had to go to petco...
see jack jack...my beloved 10 month old toddler macaw...figured out he enjoyed the sound of falling water and metal crashing...he figured out how to pull his stainless steel bowls out of thier holders, particularly his treat and WATER bowls, and dump them before playing throw them aorund the cage.
the treat bowl not so much of an issue...
but the water bowl...no sooner would i fill it it was all over the floor again...i was putting just enough to cover the bottom of the bowl so he could drink and he was still tossing it all over the place every time..., i couldnt leave water in with him...

so today i headed to 3 different petstores to find a solution, found it...lixit brand "lock crocks" plastic bowls on a strut that kind of twists into place and "locks" i dont think hell figure out how to get these ones off...had to get 2 to replace the bowls he was tossing, and a new pedicure perch since he chewed through the pumice one i had for him... say good bye to another $30 (was supposed to be $45 but i had coupons)...
the good news is for the first night in about a week i dont have water all over my floor.
howver he did give me this look like he was going to eat my face for taking his favorite new toy away...

he just liked the sound it made when he threw it around, but still...gah jack jack GAH!:barnie

oh wll, just means no touching the bank account for a while lol. i dont "NEED" anything right now, so hopefully nothing else will pop up

in good news...phish my betta who i got about a year ago...well ive NEVER seen that fish eat, i feed him his pellets every day and he never eats them...
Im pretty sure hes actually a form of zombie fish right now because i swear he hasnt eaten since i got him a year ago...
but today i got a new tub of flakes for my cichlids and decided to give him 1 flake crumbed up...he actually ate....i saw my little betta fish EAT! he is alive! (i did try this with the other flakes but he showed no interest)

i swear...the things we do for our animals...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Poor Jack Jack! You're so mean! :lol: And, I hear ya on the bathing suit. I need a new one for the same reason. But, I can't find one I like! Either they're a style I can't stand, or they're too skimpy, or too expensive. Sorry, even though I still have a good figure, I'm not really wanting to show off my bod.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i know what you mean on the suit...all the cheper ones were realy high cut, or not even remotly quality...
the one i picked up has some nice ruching to hide the belly a little skirt that kinda hides the tummy flab...its nicely cut on the legs so its more like itty bitty shorts than bikini breifs so it looks nice enough to wra asarong around and sit about n it at the beach...but its still ok quality to withstand a few months in and out of chlorine too.

had a crazy weekend this weekend.
friday a friend messaged me and asked if i wanted to go to her "housewarming" party...the idea being they weremoving in in the morning and wanted folks to come over, help unpack some boxes and share the first meal in the apartment...
i said sure...get there about 6:30, there still not dont packing the old place, the ruck sitll isnt at the new place, they ran out of boxes...
so hang out, eat and unpack boxes turned into pack boxes and carry alot of heavy stuff up and down stairs because thye only had the moving truck for 3 hours...*head desk*
didnt leave untill 1:30 am and was exhausted.
told her "i love you but NEVER again, and you owe me food :p"

then yesterday i managed to wrangle up a coupel more passes to the faire so we whent back to the midsummer fantasy rennaisance faire for the day. had a nice day but it was hot as blazes (no shade on the site).
otherwise though, had a good day, nice and relaxed as it was just me and my sister instead of her and her frineds trying to ruch her about everywhere, instead we sat, chilled, watched some shows, ate tai food :D, then hit the diner on the way home where i had 1/2 a chicken club and a half serving of sweet potatoe fries.
got home though and was exhausted.

today were supposed to be goign to a BBQ at my brothers friends families house...but right now its raining so im hoping that passes before this afternoon.

been a busy and tiring weekend, but i feel good about it....sleepy...but good lol

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
My swimsuit issue is a long torso. So bikini works better, but I can't swim and splash around too much without losing bits and pieces of the clothing. So what I need, obviously, is a clothing-barred swimming pool! :D

Most of my friends with their own jacuzzis have strict no clothing rules, because the detergent ruins the jacuzzi.

Anyway, if I wanna swim, I need a one piece, and at my height, it looks ridiculous. It pulls horribly in all the wrong places lol.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
abifae said:
My swimsuit issue is a long torso. So bikini works better, but I can't swim and splash around too much without losing bits and pieces of the clothing. So what I need, obviously, is a clothing-barred swimming pool! :D

Most of my friends with their own jacuzzis have strict no clothing rules, because the detergent ruins the jacuzzi.

Anyway, if I wanna swim, I need a one piece, and at my height, it looks ridiculous. It pulls horribly in all the wrong places lol.
You could make your own. I wish I had your seamstress skills. :bow

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
agreed abi, youve got the skill that you could definatly make something to suit you...
i bet you could pull off those raly "sexy" one peice bikinis though, you know the ones with all the cutouts that look like someone took a bathing suit and cut away most of it leaving it only stratgeically places but still a one peice lol.

i have the opposite problem im 5'8" but my actual torso lenght is under 12" (i was 11" at last measure from arm pit to natural waist/top of hip) and then have a large chest, so anythign that fits me in the chest is often too long and gives me saggy butt...

i do understand the swimming thing though, for the longest time at my heaviest i fit better into some of the tankini sets with the tank and boyshort type set ups, it was easy to mix and match to fit my body better...but actually swmming in them...i was constantly tugging the shirt down or pulling the bottoms up...
i dont wash my suit, it gets rinsed wll with water only preferably through the filter, ive found detergents make the elastic deteriorate even faster...even when you hand wash. :(

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i hope everyone had a happy and SAFE 4th of july...

we actually had a good wekend, whent to fair via free ticket on saturday had a great day there doing absolutly nothing...
then sunday we met my little borthers new freind (hed like it to be more) family, they invited us over for a BBQ...
it was quite intimdating...see, there kind of wll...rich...and im not talking money im talking MONEY...
and despite being conservitive in political/religious veiws...very artistic and eccentric.

we showed up at this house in weston, absolutly HUGE (th house is a little over 10,000sqft with 11 bedrooms, but thy do hae 7 kids so...) and stunning from the front, beutiful but a little wild plantings, looked very "natural", they welcomed us at the door with smilles and firm handshakes, and led us through the small foyer into this HUGE kitchen which opend to a huge eat in area...there was stuff everywhere..but not just stuff, mahogany carvings from india, hand made glass mosaics adorning the walls, custom made tiles, and wild lime green cabinates, a huge solid wood natural table and amazing stained glass in all kinds of themse from egyptian and norse goddesses to pagan symbols and tiles around the windows that had welcome in every language of the world

w got a tour of the house, which was amazing...a little too much "stuff" for me but unlike a normal persons stuff this was fancy stuff...
ceiling murals in almsot every room, hand painted by artists theyd met along the way, stained glass in EVRY room that just wow...so many nooks and crannies, and the carvings and custom metal work...
one part was a spiral stiarcase that whnt up 4 stories and at the very top you look up and theres a metal raven sillouette on the celing above a large chandelier...whn you climbed the stairs the detailing on the light became clear, it was the branch of a tree with ravens and owls carged into all the little knotts and divits.
i couldnt have lived there, but charge people to veiw it like amuseum...absolutly.
outdoors was no less fantasitcal...first was the main deck, shaped like a ships deck it even had a ships fgure head (mermaid) on the bow of the deck...in the center of the deck was a metal tree that had lights hanging off it that supported a spiral stircase fomr the ground to the deck level...
and they had thier own labyrinth! yup you read that right...not a maze...though they could have fit one in...but a life spiral, it spirals in to a seating pit with a hand carved totem pole, then back out again the poopsite direction, all along the path filled with hand set glass tile mosaics in all the symbols of the zodiac and, to my suprise lots of egyptial, buddist and even PAGAN symbols.
just beautiful! you couldnt look anywhere without seeing somehting unique, intrestng and very intricate! even the doors to the garage from one of their decks was a hand carved wooden temple door from tibette, over 800 yrs old!
herb gardens intersperesed with roses and beautiful native and medicinal flowrs hid little seating and resting areas, one with a ginormous budda, anothr labled the meditation garden had a dragon mosaic on the wall and a pentagram on the ground...

and that wasnt all our day had in store, they welcomed us with open arms laughs and smiles, and before w new it w were on one of the smaller decks playing with wet buffallo hide making drums...yup, the mother aparently found a lot of buffallo hide on ebay anddecided it would be a cool craft and so bought it and had been soaking it so it would be ready for the weekend...how many people can say they whent to a bbq with someone theyve never met before and cam home with a hand made by you native designed drum to set out to dry over the next week...lol

the food was wonderful and all the company (they had some other friends over too) were absolutly wonderfull...

then the last night my sisters frineds family invited us over to his place for a bbq with their family and a fire pit and fireworks...
they made dad take his guitar and banjo and after some wonderfull bbq and lots of delicious indian food, we all settled around the fire pt singing songs and having a grand old time :)

definatly a wekend i wont forget any time soon...
but at the same time mildly frustrating....

my so called frineds live on the beach, frineds i dused to live wiht, and the town does fireworks over the water each year...the past couple of years wve all done a pot luck at their place...its ablast...
this year i found out via facebook that "everyone" had a wonderfull time on the beach yesterday and watching the fireworks...
(everyone being the frineds i used to live with...my self proclaimed BEST FRIEND and some others who call themselves my frineds...)
turnes out theyd had their usual pot luck...after i was told they wrnt doing it this year because of faire...
and i was the only one that didnt get an invite...

my captain and his wife, and the girl i helped move were the only ones who aknowledged my life...my captain and his wife told me they are going to have an after faire party in a couple of weeks because they couldnt do a 4th of july party...they wre with family...they also were not told about the beach party...
and the girl i helped move is a different csicial cirlce but didnt do anything for 4th because she was working till 3am lol...

just mildly annoying that these folks who on saturday were going aon and on all day about how much they miss me, how they lov me, how they cant live without me, and how i "need to come visit them" (because they cant visit me for some unknown reason) couldnt invite me to something they have aparently been planning for 3 months...and even go so far as tell me "wre not planning anytng this year cause of faire..."

*rolls eyes*

at least i got to spend time with family though...considereing i dont do well with strangers, and considering these were my siblings frineds...it was a lovely wekend.

then today i had a mostly lazy day before going in the pool this evening for an hour...

i also contacted my realtor now the holiday weekend is over, asked her to check some things on the house ive seen that i realy like and kinda want to put an offer in on...so now its a waiting game to see what she comes back to me with in terms of more pics, info and land use restrictions (the big hold up)

so yeah, lots and yet absolutly nothing going on right now lol