Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
your aboslutly right, the right house will come along and now ill know when that house does because itll be the one where an offer is accepted, and everything passes inspection with no hitches LOL.

the stress did a number on my eating habits though...but im back on the wagon of keeping track of everything that goes in my body so...fingers crossed next week ill have a better weigh in.

thanks to some advice and wonderfulll members here im going to start doing my own kefir, moolie has offered me some kefir grains once the postal strike is over so that will be a cool thing, im hoping thatll realy help get my stomach flora and fauna back under control, and bubbling has suggested doing bile salts to help with my absorbtion of healthy fats...
keeping myself n good health is definatly important.

in other news

willow has decided 5am is a wonderfull time for snuggle time...she curls up over my mouth and nose or brushes against my face and purrs as loud as a lawnmower untill i wake up and put her on the floor, this is repeated untill i give in and fuss her, hoping in the process she finds a comfy spot where shes not tickling my nose with her tail lol.
tempi did similar as a kitten...only hers was licking my nose.
ive become 100% certain tempi is part modern siamese, between her voice and her build its very obvious lol. and willow is starting to find her voice too...shes not as chatty as tempi, but tempi wasnt that talkative as a kitten either, not untll she hit about 6 months old...

jack jack has added his own verson of "good boy jack jack" "soooo good" and "hes a good boy" to his vocabulary this week...
its funny because hell call himself a good boy then start laughing....yup he knows it! lol.

i also need to get my green linnie dna sexed. hes supposed to be a boy but without a cert...im not sure i belive it fully.

this week also starts my "need to sort my papers out" phase of life...ive got all these papers i need to keep for various reasons (ie my dogs reg certs and pedigrees) and there all just stashed in a draw...
so i think im going to pick up some folkers, plastic pockets and dividers and start organizing that stuff so i know where everything is when i need it.

got big plans this weekend though.

got the faire in ansonia on saturday...me and my sister, and mabe some of my sisters friends are going, planning on staying all day into the night time...
then on sunday im going on a motorcycle ride to mass with my dad and his bike club (goldwing riders assosiation) so that should be a nice day...least itll keep me busy all weekend :D

hard to belive were almost in July!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well today starts a new "regime"
i weight in this morning and found ive gained another .2 of a lb since wednesday and this is not going to happen...
ive worked so hard that im not going to start gaining again, not now, not when ive still got so far to go.

the owrst thing is keeping track of what im eating and its no different than it has been in previous weeks when ive lost 2-3 lbs a week...ive stalled but ive never gained during this past 9 months, and they say 12 months is when you enter maintence phase from the surgery, ve got another 30lb to put me in a health zone...and plan to stay there once i reach it...

soooo im going to try a few new things.

im waiting on the real kefir, but i have lifeways brand kefir drink in the fridge...
i picked up apple cider vinegar yesterday too.

so my current plan is to start the day off with a glass of acv (2 tbs to 8oz as reccomended by bragg) then about 1/2 hour later 4oz of kefir. then off to the gym.

snack when i come home from the gym will be couple oz of cheese and a few grapes.

i must say, i dont think im ever going to get used to the acv...lol. wow its tangy, i cant do much sugar and have no honey (and stevia doesnt like me) so no sweetner in it, just the braggs and the water.
i think in the future im going to have to do 4oz of water and 1 tbs of water.

im also going back to weighing everything, visual is fine but i need ot be absolutly certain my eyes arnt tricking me.

and im gong to try and limit startches/grains to 1 meal a day, the rest of the day protein fruit, veggies and dairy.
i know ill still get carbs form the veggies and the dairy, but i think its the startchy carbs that are becomming the problem as i feel bloated from this past week of stress induced skipping and carbing.

today im going to hit the gym for cardio, will do a few light reps for chest and back (back needs major stretching right now) but i think im going to do bike and arc trainer on intervals for the most part, get the heart going and see how it feels.

im also going to get some yoga in my days from now on, every day, im realy hoping itll help my back if i can get some good stretching in before bed.
my back is very not happy with me this morning, must have slept funny.

oh well, time to get moving. couple more mouth fuls of ACV, and get my brother out of bed lol.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd bet the stress from the past few weeks has put a toll on your ability to process food the same as before.

Take a minute, take a breath and try to relax.

I'd love to see more videos of Jack Jack and the kittens! That's sure to be a stress reducer!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol, ill definatly have to do more crazy critter documentation :)
and i think your right, it is 100% related to stress, but still i definatly need ot pay more attenton to the rules all the time.

have to plan for dinner tonight, not sure what ill be having (bike meating at panera, i usually have chicken lemon orzo soup or chicken noodle soup and 1/2 a sandwhich on their whole grain white (lowest calories of all thier breads) but i do like thier kids sized mac and cheese too which is made with real cheese and protein packed but a little higher in carbs...
todays carb-a-liscious total is so far under 20grams lol. im allowed up to 90 grams in a day and want to aim for no more than 60 lol.

tomorrow im going to the ren faire in ansonia...
me, my sister and her friend...

so ive made my "pack lunch"
were going to be there from 10am to 9pm so...

breakfast:
kefir before we leave
bananna on the way.

mid morning snack:
roast beef roll ups with garlic hummus and baby carrots
(Dip carrot in hummus then roll in a peice of thinly slices roast beef)

lunch:
chicken salad (grilled chicken, diced apple, sunflower seeds, tossed in a greek yogurt "mayo" consiting of greek yogurt, garlic, salt, pepper and a tiny bit of olice oil)
watermellon

afternoon snack:
caprese salad (2% moz, grape tomatoes, drizzled in olvie oil and italian seasoning)
boiled egg

we will probably stop at a local diner we go to every year for "dinner" where we usually split a salad or i get soup.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
some great news...
the earnest money refund i applied for...
the one i was certain i was going to have to fight for when they claimed they hadnt recived the contract cancelation and proof of problems for om monday and had me resend...
the agent not confirming she got my resend despte multiple calls and emails...

yup, it arrived back in the mail today! woot! *deep breath of relife* i realy thought they were going to try and fight me on it, but nope, not a squeek out of them.

still waiting on the refund from the electric deposit which i was otld would be here "around the end of the week" if its not here by monday ill give them a call to make sure it got sent out.

it just makes me a little more secure if/when i find the next house having that money back and acessable again.
even once my electric refund comes back, im still out $300 for the inspection and the none refundable part of getting th electric turned on...but better $300 than over $1000

im still planning on moving on a house i like in finger, its been sat on the market for a while and is obviously investor owned (they bought it aug of 10 for $10,000, it now has new windows, new roof, new carport, new floor coverings, new paint and was put back on the market in nov of 2010) so its very obviously a flipper and its been sat long enough i think i can bring them down a deacent amount :)

but im also not realy rushing at this point, i think i want to just enjoy this weekend, get some stuff settled and see if anything else popps up over the weekend.
we'll see.

in other news...i think its time for a nice hot shower, directed right on my back too! its realy aching right now.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
renfair today was fun, small faire and i would have been dissapointed had i payed to get in, theres still alot of work needed to get that fair onto the kind of track i know it can be on...but seeing frineds i see once or twice a year made it worth it and the fire show at 8:30 was just plain hilarious lol.

on the way out i said goodnight to everyone and one of the front gate folks asked me if i was comming back...
my responce 'depends on funds" she scoffed shook her head and told me "what the hell makes you think YOUD have to pay to get in?" and that all i need to worry about is gas money...
so i may end up heading back up there next saturday

ride home was long though, the lights at night realy bother my eyes even when im not driving, and my ssters frined was smoking, she had it out the window but every so often...
so combine that with being tired, my heads now hurting.

got home took off my bodiice and along with the sigh of a full deep breath came that pang of back pain id fogotten about all day...:(
so ultra strength bengay on the back and a tylanol for the headache, combined wiht being very tired should make for a good nights sleep lol.

all in all a good day :D

oh and i used witch hazel to remove my eye makeup this evening and no stinging, and i got even the waterproof stuff off with it with a little persistence :D yay.
i dont wear makeup often, but when i do i tend to go heavy on the eyes...so finding something that works and doesnt burn the eyeballs is a good thing lol.

oh well, sleepy foxy.
Night all.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Sounds fun. I haven't really been to the renfaire since I joined the SCA. *laughs*

Ours is going right now, but I'm way too poor to even consider it.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i prefer renfaire over SCA but only because around here we have sca nazis, if your not 100% perfectly period they freek out on you and i much prefer a lighter hearted take on it...
ive heard other areas though some sca'ers are a little....over the top and others are sca AND rennies and those are folks i can get along with lol.
im definatly not hystorically accurate...i mean im a pirate and we all know the only women aboard sailing vessles were often under the guise of men for qute a while.
i also like to show my bloomers lol. ankle is nothing, im a real hussy :p

in other news, today was lovely, got up nice and early and were out of the house for 8am, it was a 3 1/2 hour drive to the bridge of flowers in mass, but it took us almost 5 1/2 because we stopped at a freindlies part way there and it took over an hour and a half to get coffees...a couple of us got basic breakfast foods, 2 bagles, 2 english muffins...9 coffees (which they brought 9 mugs and 4 caraffs) and a water with lemon...took over an hour to get our order in and served, about 15 mins to eat and another 15+ minutes to get our checks and even then we didnt get our checks and each had to go up and just tell the guy what wed had so we could get out of there and back on the road...
it wasnt even busy...
just ridiculous!

anywho....the ride was very nice up, took the mohawk trail through part of the berksires, dad kept talking about rain clouds (and we did pass through a few seconds of rain...but i told him NOPE...no rain...then he told me the coulds looked dark...and i tolk him it was his sunglasses :p then it started sprinkling and i told him "i reject your reality and subsitute it wiht my own" whihc the rain then stopped and we ddint get a single other springle the entire way there, or home! I WIN!

we took the shorter way home which was all highway miles and honestly even though it was only 2 1/2 hours it felt MUCH longer, highway is much less enjoyable...but we heading a pack of our local goldwing riders so while we got to take the senic ride home we took a vote for the ride home and the "shorter route" won by 1 hand,
luckily though didnt hit any bad traffic an dad took me out to dinner once we got closer to home. :)

it realy was a nice day but i can honestly say a 7 hours riding in 1 day is about my tops, by the last hour of the ride my butt was getting a little numb, but more so my lower back was starting to ache...
NOT the bikes fault, it aches regularly at this point...
but being sat for so muhc of the day without being able to cross my legs whihc seems to help, was just starting to bother me...
we took breaks every 1 1/2 hours or so and got off to walk around and have lunch and actually spent a couple of hours at our destination in mass (and i took lots of pictures of the flowers on the bridge of flowers so i know what im buyng when i want to get some...some were stunning, lots of beautiful rose bushes form tea roses to wild roses and everything in between.

the bridge of flowers is an old trolly bridge that was condemmed to vehicle traffic but a landmark so instead of tearing it out when they bult a new bridge, they dug in, hollowed as much as possble out filled it with dirt and put a foot path down the middle and planted it...the bridge is probably 10ft acorss with a 3ft path in the middle, not huge, but theyve got TREES grouing out of it...even a HUGE wysteria, and massive rose bushes, clematis, and perenials and annuals galore, just beautiful, you can tell those that keep the bridge up care alot about the plants.
they had this stunning sumac, tiger eye sumac, it was bright yellow leafed, absolutly stunning
http://bridgeofflowersmass.org/

then there were the shelburn falls, a beautiful hydro electric dam and the gate were wide open today so the falls were raging like crazy.
very artsy area, lots of little glass and pettery studios and little cafes.

just a very nice day overall.

but this weekend has wiped me out, im tired and planning to be in bed soon lol.

need to get a good rubdown with some bengay before that though lol.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so...i might be going back to nashville this weekend...
ive got to run it past my dad first to see if he wants to come, since its actually $100 per person more expensive to go on my own...
but right now best rates are to leave on thursday and come back on monday (july 4th) its even cheaper with flights, hotel and rental car than it would be for me to drive and camp for the weekend...
the only issue is its kind of short notice for dad to take thursday and friday morning off work hes off on monday and has a half day on fridays...so its only a day and a half to take out but still...
it would ne nice to have the company and mum came last time, i know dad wants to see where id be going...
i also know nashville has a full weekend celebration for 4th of july that could be realy cool to go to and im sure theres other stuff going on in the area all weekend given ints the south and the 4th of july is a pretty big deal lol.

ive got 3 houses that i realy want to see, a 4th that id like to see thats way out of my budget lol, and she might be able to find a couple of others last minute to check out too.

so yeah gonna run it past dad first and see if he wants to come with...if not...well i guess ill just have to go it alone.