Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
so im doing anything i can to stay busy...
i made a puppy descision...i WILL be waiting for the cane corso litter in october...i think given the small size of the house a dane would be too big, a coros will give me all the pros of a mastif (including a naturally protective dog) with a little less height lol.
so im doing alot of hanging out on cane corso forums and it just makes me want one even more.

ive got to call the broker in an hour or two and ask if hes heard anything...
im seriously antsy rght now for obvious reason, i cant afford more than one night in a hotel so if things fall through i dont know what im going to do, i need to close on this house.
everythings booked and either way im not getting that money back so im over that worry im just now worried im gong to get to TN and have everything fall through and end up sitting in the airport and spending money to fly home early.
im also getting antsy as right now ive no idea what im supposed to be bringing with me on this trip for closing...kinda need to know that stuff so i can pack accordingly lol.
im hoping hes had the final stamp on this so i know for sure but i at the very least need to know what to pack and bring with me.

i spent today doing some garden stuff...
part of that was repainting one of the firepits (im hoping dad will let me yoink it when i move lol)
he got it off the city dump last late summer, it was in one peice but rusty and then left out all winter...so needless to say...it had seen better days
so today i took a good wire brush to it, scrubbed every bt of loose rust i could get off it, then it got sprayed down with rustolium brand heat paint, the stuff made for stove pipes, bbqs ect. It looks like new! im very happy with how it came out (even if i did get paint all over me lol) unforutnatly when using a spray can i over extend my finger and get covered in paint on my finger tip, or my finger starts to ache and i switch and get paint all over that finger ect LOL.
but it looks realy nice considering the state it was in.
it could do with a full vacume out of the ash thats stuck in it and a full interior scrub down and painting inside and on the very bottom too (its realy rusty on the bottom) but i ran out of paint, 1 can doesnt go very far lol.
if im taking it with me ill invest in another can and finnish the job...if not, dad can finnish it if he wants to...cause im mean like that :p

managed to get in for my deppo shot this morning, 3 more months of no worries about birth control...
i know deppo gets a bad rap from some, but its literally changed my life for the better and at this point i think id fall apart if they ever tried to take it from me.
i have to go and get blood drawn tomorrow for my 1 year gastric bypass aniversary apointment which is a few days after i return home from TN...gotta get that done before i leave or my dr will yell at me for not havng the results in time lol.

hmm, what else?! not much realy going on.
trying to get my ducks in a row and not freek out about the house.

i keep going through waves too, one minute the prospect of living on my own, doing MY thing ect is super exciting, the next im in mild panic about leaving everyone and everything i know behind me...the frineds i have may not be anything more than fair weather frineds but there there for occasional socilization...mostly im worried about leaving family behind...
its silly cause i want this more than anything...but i guess doubts are normal, i mean this will be my first ever time of me living on my own...not with a boyfrined, not with frineds, but ME doing MY thing...

so yeah...
for now im watching star trek and doing some window shopping online :)
I've been really lax about watching your thread, but congrats on the house!!! As far as banks go, I would skip the banks and go with a credit union. Credit unions are actually more stable than banks and if you ever have to get a loan through them the interest rates is usually less. And they are generally friendlier :) Plus, you can use pretty much any credit union once you are with one all over the country, because alot of them participate in share branching :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly for you, and am looking forward to hearing that it's actually yours!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks guys..ddnt sleep well last night with nerves/excitment lol

colo, i did think about credit unions but m not a member of any kind of group/work force which i know many credit unions are kinda strict on their memberships (ie have to be a teacher, or work for such and such a company) but I will definatly continue to look into them, i hear good things if you can get in :D

Windyhillfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The credit union I am in used to require you work at a specific company to be a member; however, now it's pretty much open like a bank. Even though you have to "join", it's nothing more than you would do at a regular bank. Go in, use $5 (generally) and wah lah open account. I Love my credit union, I have had an account there since birth and they have watched out for me on countless occasions, heading off problems before they occur. I highly recommend credit unions, they are not for profit and generally don't have all of the fees associated with a regular type bank.

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Windyhillfarms said:
The credit union I am in used to require you work at a specific company to be a member; however, now it's pretty much open like a bank. Even though you have to "join", it's nothing more than you would do at a regular bank. Go in, use $5 (generally) and wah lah open account. I Love my credit union, I have had an account there since birth and they have watched out for me on countless occasions, heading off problems before they occur. I highly recommend credit unions, they are not for profit and generally don't have all of the fees associated with a regular type bank.
This is correct. The credit union I was with back home was the same way, catering to the medical workers :) But, now they let in pretty much anyone. The one I'm with now I'm with by default :) They were the only ones willing to give me a car loan back in 2006 :D But, it takes all of $5.00 to keep the account open, which stays in a savings account, and I can have as many savings accounts as I need. I currently have three plus the checking, it helps to save money for specific things if I can split it into different areas :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that would be perfect for me. i hate big banks
(i also hate the fact that many arenow requiring a minimum of $150 to open and fees if you dont keep $1000 in your checking ect...
i just need a basic checking account with an atm card and a simple savings account for my rainy day funds...(which are few and far between lol)
i found a couple online when i was looking but i guess the best bet would be go in and talk to them in person...

today i packed, i think ive got almost everything sorted, couplepairs of jeans, a couple nicer shirts a couple run around get dirty shirts and my sun dress incase i decide i want to look nice one day :D
ill be wearing my sneakers and i packed my sandals
towel, bathing suit (though i doubt ill need that), shower supplies, underware.
my camera, nintendo ds and zune and TomTom are in my handag for saftey.
dads aparently got a new battery for me for my phone and isgonnaletme take the i-pad so even if ive got no cell signal on the cell i can check in.

purse with id and check book and all the nessicary sundries is in my hand bag too.
so i think ive got everything packed.

not sure how im going to handle meals, since i wont have refdigeration at the house...
but ill figure that part out.

monday will be a sit around do nothing kind of day, probably tv and an early night since ive got to be up at 3am to get ready for the flight out.
tuesday is up. walk through on the house then closing, and after that a quick trip to walmart for my first night in my house
wednesday will be a trip to lowes for basic fence supplies, and weds/thurs ill be putting that up and doing some tittervating and mabe check out a few things in town (like the library and ada's country store which is down the road from the house...)
friday im going to the state park in henderson, they have a stable and offer trail rides so im SOOOO doing that!
saturday is the muic fest in downtown adamsville so i may go check that out
then i fly back to CT early sunday morning...

oh and ill be taking lots of pics and measurments and such too lol.

can we tell im excited!?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Congrats!!!!! :hugs Hope everything goes smoothly at the closing!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't blame you one bit. I would be, too.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well its 3:30 am, im having my breakfast smoothie, got to put my sammich i made for myself in my purse along wiht my agent and my brokers numbers but other than that i think im all set to go.
the dogs are REALY confused right now, let them out to go pee and they stood there like "but ma...its dark" lol.

im not sure what ill be able to do in terms of internet but will try and check in...
already plannng to check in with the parents at least twice a day cause i know if i dont ill get paniked phonecalls that they havent heard form me in days...(even if its only been 3 hours lol)
dad re-activated the GPS tracker on my phone so should i vannish as long as my cellymaphone is on me...they can find me lol.
yeah, they love me! :)

anywho, nervs are setting in...though that could also be sleepyness...who knows!?
probably both.

im just not hoping this goes smoothly and theres no hiccups along the way now.