Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Good luck!
You might pick up a cheapie styrofoam cooler and some sandwich makings to eat cheap once you're there. Maybe even a cheap grill and have a cookout on your carport. Labor day/end of summer sales are good for that kind of stuff.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope we get to hear from you so we all know how it went!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Waiting for an update! Sure hope all stays on schedule!!!!!! We're pulling for you!!!!!!!!

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
well its 3:30 am, im having my breakfast smoothie, got to put my sammich i made for myself in my purse along wiht my agent and my brokers numbers but other than that i think im all set to go.
the dogs are REALY confused right now, let them out to go pee and they stood there like "but ma...its dark" lol.

im not sure what ill be able to do in terms of internet but will try and check in...
already plannng to check in with the parents at least twice a day cause i know if i dont ill get paniked phonecalls that they havent heard form me in days...(even if its only been 3 hours lol)
dad re-activated the GPS tracker on my phone so should i vannish as long as my cellymaphone is on me...they can find me lol.
yeah, they love me! :)

anywho, nervs are setting in...though that could also be sleepyness...who knows!?
probably both.

im just not hoping this goes smoothly and theres no hiccups along the way now.
Good Luck! If it's any consolation, we are moving to Kansas in October and I already have the truck reserved (had it reserved almost two weeks ago!) and we have started packing and labeling already! We started looking at houses three weeks or so ago so we are definitely in a similar situation! (except we aren't buying, just renting! and doing it all over the internet! :sick )

safe drive! :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
Free, your awesome! i might take you up on that offer if i cant find someone willing to deliver (only because i dont want anyone trying to lift a fridge unessicarily if someone else is willing to do it lol.)

heres a question...whats the weather like down there right now, (in otherwords, what do i need to pack for my closing trip lol (first week of september))
TS Lee is dumping rain on us, and the weather is chilly and the rain is COLD...ask me how I know :lol: A rain jacket is in order ;) Maybe some rain boots too. Most of it should soak in though, this is our first rain in a month or so, so shouldn't be TOO much mud.

You just be sure to let me know if you need anything when you get here. I was born and raised in this area, so I know it pretty well, and can help out with most things :) I hope you have a safe trip!!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well I'm here in TN

The early morning kicked booty so Ill be taking a nap soon lol.

But flight was onetime out of white plains, no silliness no mistakes or double booked tickets, on, of the ground and into atlanta, all ontime.
Then I had 20 mins to get my connecting flight...
Took em 10 mins to unload the hand luggage (tiny plane so anything that doesn't fit under foot or is bigger than an backpack get checked but there's no charge lol)
Mine was the first off, easy to find too because my case is pink....very very pink...
People laugh when I tell them I have a pink suitcase, but, I've yet to be on a flight with anyone else with a hot pink suitcase it's always easy to find!

Then it was a mad dash to get to e connecting gate which happens to be on the other side of the airport...ok so not quite t close.
There's 34 terminals on each concourse 34 being the furthest form the concourse connector...
We pulled into slot 34...
I was walkinpretty fast and ot took me almost 10 mins just to get to the concourse connector, there I had to go down an escalator and take the moving path for anotther 5 mins, only to walk to e complete other end of the next concours because gues which gate my connector was leaving from...yup 34
I JUST made it, 2 mins after sitting down th closed the door.
Most of the folks trying to catch that plane off the one I was on didn't make it...
Talk about yay for really brightly colored lugage lol

Fight from Atlanta to Nashville was a little bumpy, as wbf said, lots of rain and some god wind which made for a it of a bumpy one, t it was a short flight only 4o mins or so.

From there picked up my rental car, paid for their bottom budget, not only did they upgrade me...they upgraded me 3 levels, have a cute little vw suv, not bad on gas considering it's suv status. The upgrad car would have normally been an extra 15 a day...yup...no charge.

Then drove the ne'er 100 miles to wildersburg TN a litle under 2 hrs...to the motel.
Thus ride was very simple, nothing special, and once again, I love the TN roads, omg soooo smooth! Lol.
Zippy the car didn't use quite 1/4 a tank on this section of thte trip s not bad.

The motel which is a knights inn is nothing fancy, infect form the outside it looks like a it of a dive, but I'm actualy quite impressed, check in was for 2pm, management was very nice, let me check in 2 hrs early and even cleaned the room himself so I could get in...
E room is nothing special but it's got Tyne basics, fairly comfy king size bed, none smoking, tv with free hbo free wireless, nice little table sitting area...not bad for a budget room. Otdated...but not bad! I am however impressed with how clean it is, not just we sprayed Lysol kind of clean, the carpet is spotless, the bathroom is spotless, the bedding and even the fabric on the chairs is clean!

Rig now the plan is to watch a little tv, take a nap and probably have dairy queen for dinner and call it an early night dq is literally next door lol.

Tomorrow gotta get up, drive about an hour south to finger to do GE walkthrough, then another 1/2 hr south to savannah for the closing. A quick stop in walmart after that then it should be off to e house. From there I'm not sure if I'll be able to connect to e web, t if I can...I'll check in.

Yay

Side note, it's was drizzling some on i40 coming in but seems to have stopped, it's warmer here than it was in ct this morning...
Oddly enough I noticed that some of thhe trees have started changing colors along i40. Is this normal time for colours to change, got another 2 weeks or so before ct starts showing off it's leaves and the trees start to get nekkid

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We normally get trees starting to change color around here in late August, early September. The ones that change the earliest are sassafras and black gum, or water tupelo as it's also known.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love the leaves changing so it makes me smile.

In other news...I'm buying a house!
Honestly, up untill now it hasn't set in, but it also hasn't been officially official, I've been waiting on the absolute yes...
And...
Today I got it, got a message on my cell that the final paperwork was side by USDA and I'm officially buying a house, no owrries that the forms won't be signed pin time, no worried the USDA will run out of funds before I get it ect...
Nope, it's all official right now, tomorrow those forms wil be signed.

Woot

Dinner was a kids burger meal from dq, only managed 1/2 the burger and 1/2 the fries, the mini blizzard however will be slowly consumed over the spam of this evening....I haven't had a blizzard in years but knew I couldn't eat a full sized one so the mini is absolutely perfect as a real sweet treat. I know, it's terrible for me, but I don't do naughty treats often and I think I deserve this one lol
Tonight will be an early night, took a nap tis afternoon and didn't want to wake up lol, but I knew if I didn't I'd not sleep tonight., I guess it also doesn't help at my body is telling me it's 7:30 despite the clock telling me it's 6:30

I'm also really glad I wore my fleece jacket this morning, it's chilly out threes right now, walked to dq and it's a chilly damp wind, defiantly feels like fall.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Blame Lee. Tomorrow it's only supposed to be in the upper 60s, lower 70s here.