Pink Fox: its Raining...IN MY HOUSE! :/

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I dropped her freezer :hide

Seriously.... feeling like a dip now :lol:

It was okay though, not damaged from what we could tell. The ramp off the truck was STEEP...steeper than it looked at least! It slipped off the hand truck at the bottom of the ramp, so then we tied everything else down good. So we got the rest of it done without so much as a glitch. I still feel bad, sorry Pinky!!!!

I LOVE HER BIRD! Jack Jack is AWESOME! :love He crawled all over my head, and nipped DD's finger hehe. He's so sweet though, he just wanted a lil taste LOL! He apparently likes to play and explore, and he's just so cute!!

The house is cute, and the animals are all adorable! We had a nice chat, and were done in about 30 minutes. :)

I hope you enjoy the neighborhood Pink Fox!!!!!! Glad to have you down here! If you need anything else, just let me know, and I promise I will try my best not to drop anything else!! :p

She should be able to get back online in a few days, she said she was gonna try to, so she'll post more about how things are going later :)

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:clap So glad she made it safely and that you were there to help her. (Even if you did drop the freezer.)

Thank you for the update!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well folks, i have internet...and not dial up either. charter gave me a call (id called them before hand an asked and they said no) so i told them theyd already said they had no interwebs and the guy goes off...come back, goes off again, comes back and tells me, hes pretty certain he can get me cable internet...well the guys came out today, took em about 2 hours to get everything wired up but yup, i have cable internet!
So i call the dial up folks tomorrow and cancel that (yay no contract) and have this free for the first 30 days then $20 a month for a year following. goes up $10 for the 2nd year, but its still cheaper than ATT wanted for their cable internet which isnt even in the area yet...WOOT INTERWEBS.

anywho.

the journey down here was long but relitvly easy, did it in 2 days with 1 overnight at a motel 6...i was a tad worried due to that whole traveling with a small army of animals in the car part, but they gave me NO issues, no charge for the additional animals and no questions...i got some funny looks off the neighbor when unloading 2 parakeets, a macaw, 2 cats and 2 dogs...but managment were more than ok with "i have animals with me" lol.

first day saw a bit of rough traffic commming out ouf NY, then some REALY rough rain in PA...im talking my cars tires wernt n the road a few times, PA roads are NOT built for rain, i hydroplaned twice thankfully i knew exactly how to respond and my brain styaed focused, id already slowed down and put my hazards on ones the wall hit (i couldnt see the trucks lights about 10ft infront of me) so when my back end slid i recoved quite easily without even leaving my lane...
Hit another nasty rain patch then again in VA, thankfully VA roads were MUCH better for not poling so no hydroplaning going on, but till slow going with hazards on for a little while before picking it back up once it cleared.

the second day saw nice weather, a little traffic around the North Knoxville area as i got onto I 40, then the "longest"stretch of the journey from Nashville to the house...it wasnt that it was the longest distance wise...just in that, almost there, 3 hours left, last leg feels realy long, kind of way...but got here safe and sound on Friday late afternoon!

unpacked everyone and spent a few days passing my time with computer games on my laptop while sat on a mattress in the back bedroom lol.
tv guys came monday to put in the tv, didnt take them too long though ill admit didnt watch tv at all because i didnt want to sit on the floor in the livingroom lol.
Phone guys came tuesday, and i figured id have internet, but turns out my computers built in internet doesnt support dial up so was waiting on the usb modem dad was sending me...no problems, then charter called and tada, i have internets without the issues of dial up!

Monday i whent to the apliance store and bought "the beast" (whihc is my refridgerators new name), i had priced up the cost of a basic upper freezer unit for the kitchen...cause i couldnt afford my "dream fridge" which was a nice fridge only OR upper fridge with lower freezer...(think french door but with 1 door instead of 2)
SO i set my budget on what lowes would cost with taxes and delivery...and hit up this store...and there...by the front door...just as i walked in...my DREAM fridge! unfortunatly with delivery and taxes about $75 more than my self iposed cap.
Looked around and they had some others, some ok side by sides, but i hate how much space is lost in those, and a couple ok looking upper freezers but i just couldnt get the beast out of my mind...so i asked the owner to knowck the price down...and she did...i got the fridge with deliver for a little bit less than i would have gotten a smaller frigde from from lowes.
the up and down side is its HUGE...though quite honestly its only about 4 inches deeper and about 4 inches wider than the top mount i was looking at at lowes...but in my little kitchen it does look quite monsterous...anything would look big in there though...BUT its got all the space ill ever need, and i can still open the doors fully without backing into the cabinates across from it so im happy.
The delivery guy earnt his delivery fee too...had to take off the screen door, the back door and the door for the fridge and freezer just to get it in the house LOL!
they were awesome though and we ended up talking for quite a while :)

Moving truck arrived tuesday, the driver left the hand truck too so i literally managed to get almost everything off the truck myself...the the amazing Wannabefree came by with her girls on wednesday and we managed to get the freezer washer and dryer off, HEAVY beasties they were, and the freezer got a little posessed and suicidal by trying to run over WBF before jumping off the ramp, i did have words with it once WBF had gone and told it it wasnt nice to try and kill my new friends...and its running fine so i think were under an agreement now lol.

managed to get my bed, the futon and my craft cabinates built, most of the boxes put away and did a big grocery shop...well it felt big but the freezer is still a little bare lol.
thats ok though itll take time to build up the stockpiles and now i have the internet back i can check local sales flyers and start couponing again with some kind of organization...

my agent who lent me the matress and cooler also came over and picked those up...and turns out...we share a birthday! small world huh?!

the animals are seeming to get settled in...tempi wants out bt im still not ready to cut that chain yet...she needs flea protection too before i let her out...
The dogs are happily settling, though they still bark at every little noise.
Jack jack...well hes jack jack...he has his cage back so hes quite happy, and hes more than happy to let everyone know that he demands atteniton too...thus far everyone thats come over has been given the screaming treatment, jack jacks own special way of saying ill make you pay if you dont pay attention to ME!
as Free found out though...noone ever has to worry about people sneaking into my house...i have the worlds BEST alarm system...and it doesnt require a code!
Ruby is starting to look like she ate entirely too much, pups, if my math is right, are due november 9th...xrays comming up next week to get a skull/spine count on those and 3 already spoken for so that makes me very happy. shes in the eat alot and pee alot stage lol.
Willow has developed an obsession with the closet and the linnies are increidbly glad to have their own big cage back.

we did have some "issues" that come up im sure with any move.
got here...no hot water...*grumbles*
figured the guy i bought from probably thought the water was on and burnt out the element so asked the neighbor where the shut off valve was for the water...he showed me then asked why, i told him and he asked if he could take a look...being it used to be his house and all...
Well he walked in, i opend the fuse box and from across the room he smiled and goes "well theres your problem" walks over pulls out the big fuse box thing turns it over and tada, hot water heater is fixed...*blink blink* yup, the contractor had put the fuse in upsdie down...he either did it on purpose, or did it by mistake either way it probably saved the heating element on the water heater because there wasnt water to the house it would have burnt out had power been going to it...so yay neighbor.
so that got sorted at least.
the second issue came with a call form 911 office...the phone company had called to tell them i had phone at the adress, and turns out 911 doesnt have a 112 on their list, and i MUST be 110...told her my deed, loan paperwork ect all say 112, i bought 112 and i wasnt sure what we were going to do to fix it...2 days later she expanded the range and im 112 again lol...
the last "issue" which is still on the table for resolution is the gas. whent down to the city happ to get it turned on...they dont have my adress on file..so i told her 911 had a 110 on file origionally but it had now been changed back due to some oddity...nope, no 110 either...just a 77, 88, 102...blink blink...102,...there is NO 102 on my road, there are 3 houses on this street, 77 is the first house...88 is the econd house and about 15 ft away from my house...since theres nothing between 88 and me...i can only assume the gas company has this house as 102 instead...*head desk* so she said she was going to send someone out...gonna call them first thing tomorrow and see if they managed to figure out the issue because it does get chilly in here overnight and i would like some ofrm of heat other than the little oil filled radiator i brought with me, especially as were heading into november...its going to get colder...

but other than that, things are going good, neightbors are nice, things are starting to get settled down and its starting to feel like home...

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
YAY!!! I'm glad everything went relatively smoothly....I know you're happy to settle in and get into a routine. :hugs

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Sounds like you are settling in and handling all your issues with flying colors!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Things are definitely looking up now. I'm glad the hotel night went smoothly.
Glad your water heater issue was so easy to fix.
Looks like that real estate agent and Wannabefree may be your first new friends there. Sounds like this place has good people. :thumbsup