Pj homestead

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Finaly got the barn cleaned out from the turkeys so the goats and lambs moved into the barn today. So far they seem happy about the move.
image000000(6).jpgimage000000(5).jpgimage000000(4).jpgimage000000(3).jpgimage000000(2).jpgimage000000(1).jpg20200104_173653.jpg20200104_173819.jpg

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd have the air conditioning going year round if the wife would let me lol.
Our weather turned around today and we had a nice sunny day. I didn't get much done here but had a busy day. A friend who has a large farm nearby called an asked if the wife and I could give them a hand so we spent the day there. The wife had a great day helping give the lambs their needles and giving them their ear tags.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So they have increased the iv antibiotic to 4 times a day. And so far I'm feeling much better.
I have a new tom turkey coming tomorrow I'm not ready for him yet just called my brother he's going to go to my place in the morning and move everything from the feed shed to my tool shed so the tom can use the feed shed as a temporary home till I get home. I need to inclose an area with hardware cloth for him and the girls. Looks like this will be 1st project once I get out. My brother is going to stay for a few days which will be a big help.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:celebrate just got my eviction notice! The hospital is kicking me out today :ya

Looking forward to getting home. The new Tom came yesterday he has a temporary home in the feed shed right now. When I get home today I'll get to wear the white supervisors hat lol. My mother in law and father in law are coming to help for a few days so I will put him and my brother to work lol
It's great to have help especially family. I very grateful to have them!
First order of business when I get home will be to get the boys started on a new turkey pen. Added bonus to my brother being here he has gas powered post hole digger so the fense will go up fairly quick.

Big thank you to my wife, family and friends for the help and well wishes

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In the mean time, while waiting for the medical system to get off it's butt... Are you:

Doing what you can to reduce stress.

Getting outside as much as possible.

Taking supplemental Vitamin D. a minimum of 2000 iu./day

Pat a dog, pat a cat frequently.

Avoid the persons/personalities who tend to rain on your parade.

And at the risk of causing offense to some: PRAY!

Latest posts