Pj homestead

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So we have some new arrivals. We were expecting 15 but ended up with 31 lol.
20190529_170813.jpg

I wonder what this little one is thinking
20190529_170737.jpg
20190529_170741.jpg

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So the framing for the greenhouse is done. I was hoping to start sheeting it today but unfortunately I ran into 2 problems. 1 I dont have the proper screws. I spent 2 hours driving to the closest hardware stores and no one had them in stock so I will have to drive into the city tomorrow to get some.
2 I figured if I cant start the sheeting I will frame out the boxes for the beds and some shelving. I gathered everything I needed and just as I was going to cut the first board the skies opened up and we had heavy rain for the rest of the day.
I guess I was not supposed to work on the greenhouse today lol.
I will take a pic tomorrow of the progress so far.

I have to say I am loving my chainsaw mill. I am getting the hang of it now. I like making my own lumber which is a good thing as I need lots of it for my projects. Once the greenhouse is done I will be milling lumber to build my wife a closet then a deck and hopefully a barn befor the summer is over. I'm thinking I should invest in a thickness plainer. Just what I need a new toy lol

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love your attitude, PJ. Like most of us, setbacks and delays are a part of the story. You seem to just pick right back up from each setback, and you've got a lot to show for this year, setbacks, health issues, and falls included. Thanks for the pictures and updates! Even with all you've had slowing you down, you've still accomplished more than most!:clap

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Its another miserable day. Woke up to find everything is white. But it wont last long we have strong northerly winds and it just turned to rain. Supposed to be like this for a few days so I'm going to have to switch my mindset from outside work to inside. I still have to put up some giprock and may start making cupboard doors for the kitchen. I still need to make cupboards and counters for the pantry.
I just got a medium sized baby barn that I'm going to use an a sheep barn. Hopefully my brother will be up with his excavator next week so we can get it moved into place. It currently has a wooden floor but I'm going to remove the floor and pour cement once it placed where we want it.
Missy our doe Nigerian dwarf has a date scheduled for this afternoon if all goes well we will have kids in April.

Latest posts