Pj homestead

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The new addition to the funny farm.
We just got 2 11 week old silver Americana's a hen and roo. They will be moved into our isolation coop today for a little while. Then into one of the broody pens in the main coop until the summer then I will build them their own coop and run.
View attachment 12868
How old are they?

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here we go again. We have had over 50cm of snow in the last 3 weeks and supposed to get 20-40cm today. Going to spend the morning fixing the snowblower it needs new belts and hook the plow back up on the atv.
Screenshot_20200105-054249_Weather Network.jpg

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We are supposed to be geting another storm Thursday I'm hoping we dont lol. I found the arv plow but still looking for the mount. If I dont find it I'll make a new one.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ice is a pain. Last winter we had the winter of slop. We would get snow then rain then snow and more rain. Just a mess.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ice is a pain. Last winter we had the winter of slop. We would get snow then rain then snow and more rain. Just a mess.

Last winter was a tough one b/c of those patterns. When the snow finally melted, there was a 7" thick ice pack underneath that took FOREVER to melt. As the ice softened, I'd bust up the edges and flip them onto the bare lawn area,

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The sun will be up I about an hour then the work begins. There is a I foot snow drift out side our door. I cant see the chicken coop or the turkeys coop so they are well buried. While there is a big drift between our door and the barn there is no snow buildup by the barn so at least that wont need to be shoveled. I wonder if I can find the snowblower in all of this? Not that it will be very helpful with 9-10 foot high drifts lol. Once the winds die off it will be great sliding conditions for the kids.