Pj homestead

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like a great day!
It was the wife had a the fun part cuddling lambs. I spent the day cleaning out pens and lugging hay but I had a great day as well. It's a busy time on their farm the cows are calving and the sheep are lambing lots of babys running around right now

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is a nice casting net. I have used them, netting bait for trot lines. I am impressed that you can make one!
Thanks. They are not hard to make once you get the hang of it but they are time consuming to make.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Weather tolerance -- older you get, colder you get :old

I am happy with VA for weather. Winters are mild most years & summers are extreme HOT for a shorter time. We have heat but mostly tolerable for majority of day...at least for me. I'm only 50 miles drive from the coast, so that plays a roll in it all.

Right now, things are green and temps moderate. Nice.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Marty has discovered the stairs 20190428_124234.jpg
His new favorite spot to hang out

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Awww! :love Congrats and join the club. I had 5 ducklings hatch last night and this morning, followed by assisting the 8 remaining and surviving (shipped eggs) Andalusian chicks. Just helped 2 complete the hatch (I have to do everything for them as they were badly malpositioned thanks tow only air cells), lost one that ruptured its yolk sac and am now waiting on the final five to finish absorbing theirs so I can help them out of the shells.

Pjhomestead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to good and bad news. The good news is chick #1 now has a buddy
20190429_082150.jpg
The bad news is it looks like it is only the two of them. Another made it out of their shell but didn't make it. And 3 more never made it out. Wish I was up earlier as I possibly could have helped them. There was 1 that still had a large yokesack so I'm not sure what went wrong as everything was looking good when I went to bed. We had a power outage a few days ago that was a little over an hour.