Planning for Bird Flu/Swine Flu

Cybercat

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am still of the opinion that basic storage of items is fine, but I think I will add more fluids (electrolytes) and maybe a few face masks to the stash. I'm also going to download a good prep guide on severe flu symptoms, treatments, and how to make the patient more comfortable. I think that reading up on it is a good form of preparation....

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm wondering if staying away from thier "medicine if choice" at the time of the outbreak might be the only preparation you really have to make:>) Ahhhh, just the conspirator in me speaking...

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Although I don't think the bird flu is a real possibility fact of the matter is that a virus can jump species at any time and take us out.

I have prepared an extensive plan with many different medicines to consider, all of which I have. The leaders are Vitamin C, MMS and colloidal silver.

But I hear ya MorelCabin.. Rumsfield made millions on the bird flu scare. He was a big investor in Tamiflu...and thats what I think the bird flu is really all about.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Mackay said:
Although I don't think the bird flu is a real possibility fact of the matter is that a virus can jump species at any time and take us out.

I have prepared an extensive plan with many different medicines to consider, all of which I have. The leaders are Vitamin C, MMS and colloidal silver.

But I hear ya MorelCabin.. Rumsfield made millions on the bird flu scare. He was a big investor in Tamiflu...and thats what I think the bird flu is really all about.
Add to that vitamin D(really builds your immune system), Oil of Oregano, (kills things in the throat quickly before it acn spread and is antivral) Onions (various uses...cut in half and placed in sick room it will destroy the virus in the air, put in socks (on feet)at night to sleep... it draws out toxins, fever etc) Garlic just eat alot of it:>)and Blackstrap Molasses( not sure what it is all about but it really seems to boost immunity when used) Cinnamon is a real respitory helper!)

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here are Ideas that I have gathered up. MorelCabin, I am becoming highly skeptical about the Vitamin D treatment. I have been working on maintaining very high vitamin D levels over the past year, up around 90. It has not prevented me from getting colds so I makes me think that it will not prevent me from getting the flu. In fact this has been the worst cold season for me in over 6 years. I never got sick, now with high vitamin d levels I have had 3 colds this year...go figure

This was written during that time period of the bird flu scare.
All of these are good ideas but the Herbal remedy, garlic, beta glucan. MMS and colloidal Silver will be the best and can be done at the same time.
The homeopathic protocols will follow.

When the flu comes:
I recommend that you prepare well in advance for if you wait till the last minute these products will be gone. Many people know about these alternative treatments and the stores will be rushed upon.

Vitamin c
1 to 2000 mg every hour until diarrhea occurs then back off some
This is called reaching bowel tolerance. When the body has all the vit c it can use diarrhea occurs. After diarrhea happens wait a few hours and start again. In major emergency just start out with 10 grams. Once should test what their bowel tolerance is before they get sick so they will have knowledge of a starting point.

Garlic
Eat 2 to 4 cloves of raw garlic a day
Increase the dosage as the flu
Comes closer into your area

Grapefruit seed extract.
purchased at any healthfood store
Gargle with it. 4 gtts in about 4 ounces of water 3 to 4 times a day
Drink it. 1 drop per 10lbs body weight. 4xday
You may also purchase this in pills. Take at least 3 pills 4x day.
With pills increase or decrease dosage according to size of person.
GSE is nontoxic in even the largest dosages

olive leaf extract
standardized to at least 15 percent but use any you can fined if you can't find this.
Average adults 3 caps 3 x day
Increase or decrease dosage according to size of person.
This is a nontoxic product

Beta Glucon from NOW products

http://www.iherb.com/betaglucans.html
Start taking this as soon as you hear about the first case or better yet start in October and keep at it till flu season is past.

Colloidal silver
purchase at healthfood store
1 ounce every hour if condition is severe
otherwise 1 ounce 3 x day
gargle with it and hold it in your mouth up to one minute before drinking it
This is a nontoxic product
Or learn how to make your own
With the Silvergen
Or Silverpuppy machine

A brand I like is called www.nutrasilver.com
And Herbal Healer, and internet company sells a
Variation and good product.

Hydrogen peroxide
Purchase at any drug store or supermarket
several drops in the ear 3 x day
do one ear then the other
only effective as a preventative
upon the first hours of contamination

Herbal Formula
Will probably treat 5 or 6 people. I purchased 1/4 ounce each of these, except the mushroom blend where I purchased 1/2 lb. Mix all ingredients and soak in glass jar covered with vodka for 6 weeks. Strain. put into dropper bottles. Start using as soon as flu hits the state, I mean the very first minute. Carry it with you. Will build immunity and attack virus, anti inflammatory properities.

http://www.herbaladvantage.com/

Product Name Product # Price X Qty = Total
Astragalus Root Powder 11-035P1 $4.50 1 $4.50
Echinacea Ang. Root Pwd 11-187P1 $21.95 1 $21.95
Ginger Ground 11-260P1 $3.42 1 $3.42
Licorice Root Powder 11-395P1 $4.56 1 $4.56
Mushroom Blend of 4 Powder 11-6105X2 $31.56 1 $31.56
Olive Leaf - Powder 11-4905P1 $3.86 1 $3.86
Cat's Claw Bark Powder 11-100P1 $4.89 1 $4.89

Total about $74 dollars with about $5 for shipping.

Phenocaine
http://www.donsbach.com/arthritis.htm
may help with pain and inflammation associated with flu
1 or 2 caps 2 to 3 times a day
If it is a dangerous flu Tylenol and aspirin may
Weaken your defenses.

Ozone Protocol
If you have ozone equipement follow the ozone protocol.
but vitamin c will inactivate ozone so do not use together.
At the end of the day after all ozone treatments give Vit c 10gms.
Separate ozone treatments by several hours from vitamin or other drug therapies.
It is unknown if ozone affects drugs.
Stop all unnecessary drugs you may be taking while combating the flu. You will have to determine the risk of stopping drugs for a few days.
It you decide to take a drug just for the flu I can not say the effects that ozone may have on it.

In Germany they give ozone intrmuscular injections to fight flu.

Disinfecting your environment
Grapeseed extract, 50 drops to a quart spray bottle.
spray all surfaces a contaminated person is in contact with
keep a bottle each bathroom, kitchen and near front door
after washing your hands spray your hands or put about 10 drops of GSE in your liquid hand soap or dish soap
Add 10 drops to your dishwasher
50 drops to your laundry

I recommed that you purchase ozonators. They are about $40 each from this site. http://www.ozone.enaly.com/EOZ-300Y.htm

you will need 1 medical grade and 2 room air ozonators.
Use one ozonator for the room of an infected person
Use the other ozonator near the entry door and use it to make ozonated water also.
The medical grade is for respiratory treatments and insuffalation.
See the next page for more details.

MMS : go to www.Healthsalon.org to understand its use. This should be in your first line of defense. Have it on hand because you will not be able to get it if a severe flu strikes. I guarantee, it will be almost impossible to get

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No preparing for me either.
Haven't even thought about it actually.

Interesting !!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
The Spanish Flu was a bird flu and my understanding is that it mutated a couple of times at least. It became airborne and first got the usual population, the fragile ones, elderly and very young. Then it mutated again and attacked and killed very quickly......those with strong immune systems, young and strong. Hence the soldiers. It was thought to have spread in a hand-to-hand battle in a tunnel, the soldiers bringing it back to everyone else.

Ships carrying soldiers would arrive with far fewer soldiers than they left with. And would also arrive with the virus.

Nasty. I don't think you can really prepare for something like that. People are often contagious before they are diagnosed.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I once heard that you could prevent polio with massive doses of vitamin C. I heard that from a chemist. I don't know if it is true, but I do think large and regular doses of vitamin C can prevent illness.

I am also a believer in coconut oil. It is supposed to be anti-viral as well as antibiotic and antifungal.