Please don't think I'm a nutso!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My local TSC has had a great variety of chicken breeds in the store this years chicks. I always like to stop and look. Today, they had some naked Necks. Talk about cute and weird. Those tiny things had the bare necks & a top knot of fluff. Talking with the mgr, I was told they had had several customers who told them that the chicks were being picked on enough to lose their fluff and they may want to separate them. :love
They had Welsummers today, CA White couple weeks ago, Jersey Giants, etc. Surprised and nice to see. However, they don't know what will arrive until it does. :D Surprise!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm also fond of Ams and EE. IMO, those breeds blend very well with Dominiques (an other fav. of mine.) My preference is for small combed birds due to my winter temps. I'll also not bring feather footed birds into my flock.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Feather footed birds and muddy climate suck. I spend a lot of time cleaning mud balls off silkie feet.

The brahmas I had weren't as bad since foot feathering is less. One used them as paddles to help stir up the bottom of puddles in the grass looking for insects.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You'd think silkies would willingly step on snow with the snowshoes they have. Mine have feathering heavy enough to make their feet look over 3 times the size they are. Nope. Even though I'm pretty sure they could actually walk across the top.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I have a walking on water picture.

ice_skating_by_seerisil_dbw83ub-fullview.jpg

Latest posts