Politicians look to separate Chicago from Illinois to create 51st state

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I respect you greatly for speaking up. Yes what you say is true but just as every vote counts so does every individual count who is negatively impacted by the decisions of a few dimwitted self proclaimed elitists. Hope you see the other side of the coin here.

I do.
My point is that I'd like to see politics and religion not discussed on this particular forum. I am very engaged in politics, ran for public office and won in my district, but it's nice to have a place to go that isn't discussing it.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is pretty obvious that this is a political thread. Don't want to talk politics - don't open the thread.

Personally, I like to hear other peoples opinions, whether they align with my beliefs or not. At the very least, it keeps me updated on what kind of wacko ideas are out there.

Any, yes Wisconsin politicians, I think it is a wonderful idea (rolling eyes and deep sarcasm there) to give free health care and college education to all the undocumented immigrants, while I work hard at my job to earn enough money to pay my mortgage, feed my family, pay for health/car/home insurance AND try to save enough to pay for my own child's college education.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am simply bewildered as to why those who want to converse on those subjects don't do so on a forum dedicated to those subjects. :idunno

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@milkmansdaughter , You nailed it. And you nailed it good. Likewise, if the name of Jesus Christ is offensive to the reader, then please, do block me. If Jesus is offensive, then by association, so am I. He is my reason for being. He is in EVERYTHING I do, and it is impossible for me to separate my animal husbandry, my gardening, my household tasks, my family, and my job from that fact. Likewise, ALL of my political views are driven by my relationship with Jesus.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
sorryE="frustratedearthmother, post: 446854, member: 4605"]Guess I'm the odd one out here - I get my news from competent news sources. And I listen to several sources so that I get both sides of the story.

I have never said the name Jesus Christ is offensive - but some folks surely are! Some of the most abrasive folks I've ever had the displeasure of knowing tend to justify their negative actions in the name of Jesus Christ. I can only believe that He is completely ashamed that some people invoke His name to get away with being jerks.

Some of the best people I know - people who are kind, compassionate and giving don't all go to church every Sunday. And by the same token, some of the kindest people I know - do. These are the folks who aren't judgmental, or abrasive but give of themselves in kindness at every opportunity. They don't wear their religion as a symbol of what a great person they are - they don't have to. They embody it in their everyday life.

For those of you who ARE offensive - please don't blame it on the Lord![/QUOTE]

I used to attend a pentacostal holiness church in NC and yep your right there were a few ladies in that church that wore their long hair in tight buns and underlined all the mean words in the bible.

It's whatever... I don't let stuff like that get to me. People are people, people are not perfect, people are not my Savior. I do thank my Lord Jesus Christ that they aren't either :). Perhaps I'm way off topic here... If I am, sorry about that.

If you want I'll tell you a funny story about the first time we went to that Pentecostal Holiness Church if you like.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Interesting! It sounds like it really would benefit the state outside of Chicago if they can push this through.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's the same in New York. Poor people upstate are ruled by NYC.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wisconsin should be separated too. Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan should join - Milwaukee and Madison are way more liberal than most of the rest of the state. They recently took the UW-extentions away from the county ag departments where they worked with farmers and rural homeowners and set it up under the leadership of the UW-Madison. I feel UW Madison Ag program is highly influenced by Industrial Ag. Go big or go away has seemed to be their area of study.