posts/likes/editing seem to be going faster now

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks all! We're trying to find any consistencies that will help us isolate and fix the problem.

For example, if it's specific browsers? Times of day? Geographic locations, etc.

One situation: I'm trying to map server performance to when peeps are having problems. It would be easy if there were clear server CPU / Load spikes when peeps are reporting problems... but no correlation so far :(

Also, if everyone's problems / issues were the same... but not so far :(

We're still digging around. The one thing we've noticed is that the problems seemed to really stand out on mid-day 11/8, and unfotunately we can't map that back to anything we changed (server, software, ads, settings, etc.) anywhere around that day.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
THIS morning, I used several emojies in a pm. :weee I was using my phone, but there were NO problems today. I'll check on my computer later today. I'm not sure what changed, but everything was working right and quickly on this site on my phone this morning! Thanks!! :thumbsup

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Often, the problem is so slow that when I type the letters don't appear, then they begin to -- as if I was hitting keys with one finger. So slowed I think I haven't even typed. WEIRD. Not every day. So, could the server be a cause?

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, that post was just pretty slow for me to submit :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Often, the problem is so slow that when I type the letters don't appear, then they begin to -- as if I was hitting keys with one finger. So slowed I think I haven't even typed. WEIRD. Not every day. So, could the server be a cause?
I've had that happen a couple of times also.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
NOT just you!!! Then it frees the computer for awhile after.

FRUSTRATING !!!!!!!! Notice most have pretty much stopped the emoji use? Well, I'm certain these issues are why. PIA

Only since the update. NOT good.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
please add what devices you are using to your comments because i've not seen any of those things myself, so i'm suspecting it is for people using mobile devices or older devices. the more information you provide the better chance @Nifty and others have of figuring it out... when i type an emojie it happens right where i type it. i'm not using a drop down box or list though very often, i use the list at the ends of posts to "Like",etc. but i don't know if that is a problem for others or not. it isn't for me.

the slow response time may be dependent upon a lot of factors including some which can't be controlled by the site itself (shared hosting plans sometimes can be affected by what other sites are being hosted on that same system that may not be at all related to the site itself). i.e. busy neighbors... since i don't know any of this site's hosting details i can't say much more in specific... i can only guess. :)