potatoes and onions...

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
GREAT!!!:barnie Now I want potatoes and onions for supper tomorrow night....... with biscuits. YYUMMMMM!!! :weee

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, everyone to THEFAN'S for dinner tomorrow! :cool:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
GREAT!!!:barnie Now I want potatoes and onions for supper tomorrow night....... with biscuits. YYUMMMMM!!! :weee
Yeah me too...but we just had it last night, and biscuits this morning :D Actually it even sounds good for breakfast :drool

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Cool now I have a reason to use up this 50 lb bag of potatoes. :celebrate Now where's my peeling knife I have guests coming. :weee

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
THEFAN said:
Yeah me too...but we just had it last night, and biscuits this morning :D Actually it even sounds good for breakfast :drool
We eat "home fries", as I call 'em, at least twice a week for breakfast with eggs and biscuits. It's J's favorite! If we eat them for dinner I add smoked sausage and bell peppers!!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For the longest time, DS#2 wouldn't touch a potato unless it was a french fry, but I've gotten him to eat 'loaded' potatoes- mashed potatoes with sour cream, onion, cheese and bacon (I know, NOT healthy :p ) He'll also eat potatoes and beg for more when they are in milk gravy and served over biscuits!

ashylove1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
thanks for all the ideas... now to start playing with the recipes and see what i can get them to eat!!!!!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We eat our taters unpeeled. Well scrubbed, but we love the peeling!! All my kids ate that way too, (cause I cooked them that way :plbb ).

Fried potatoes and onions, scalloped, au gratin, soup, mashed, cottage fries.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
moxies_chickennuggets said:
We eat our taters unpeeled. Well scrubbed, but we love the peeling!! All my kids ate that way too, (cause I cooked them that way :plbb ).

Fried potatoes and onions, scalloped, au gratin, soup, mashed, cottage fries.
The peel on a baked potato is delicious. I poke a few holes in them, wrap them in foil with butter and herbs and bake! :drool

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I started eating the skins when I was 19......from the baked potato. Now, I don't really care for the inside of the potato. Too bad sweet potatoes aren't the same.