POTUS Impeachment Trials

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think your interpretation of scripture is just that: your personal interpretation. If Jesus had sinned at ANY time, then his sacrificial death, as atonement for our sins would not have been sufficient. My interpretation when Jesus asked God why he was abandoned was b/c at that time, Jesus was bearing the sins of the entire world. God could not look upon that cauldron of sin. As for him descending to hell: There is reference in I Peter 3:19 to Him "preaching to the lost spirits in prison". No time reference is given to this act. Jesus also spoke to the thief on the cross: "This day, you will be with me in paradise." So, if looking at this text alone, based on human view of time, Jesus COULDN'T have spent 3 days in hell. He also stated, at the very end: "It is finished." The act of redemption was completed. There would have been no purpose in him descending to hell aside from his own will to do so.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pelosi said Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., chair of the intelligence committee, and Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., chair of the Judiciary committee, are among the seven prosecutors, or "managers."

The other managers include: Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., Rep. Val Demings, D-Fla., Rep. Jason Crow, D-Wis., Rep. Sylvia Garcia, D-Texas, and Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif.

Not even one R or I in there. Being a I myself, I wouldn't sign up for that job!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's kinda the point. They are "prosecutors" so they sure wouldn't pick a Republican for that role. You don't put people on the side of the president as a prosecutor.

These guys aren't supposed to be unbiased - they are prosecutors.

And guess what? Trumps "defense" team will very likely be all Republicans. Just makes basic sense.

The Senate is the jury - they are the ones who are supposed to be unbiased.

Makes sense now, kind of... for the Clinton impeachment there was bipartisan support.
The Republican controlled House of Representatives decided with a bipartisan vote of 258–176 (31 Democrats joined Republicans) to commence impeachment proceedings against Clinton on October 8, 1998.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My predictions...

1) Nancy will wait to a short while to send the articles of impeachment to the Senate.

2) POTUS will be aquited (found innocent) of both articles.

3) Trump will win reelection in 2020

4) Republicans will take majority of the house and of course retain majority of the Senate.

5) Nancy will retire in 2020

6) The division between the parties will widen.

Let's see if my spidey senses are even close to being correct.

#1 = TRUE
#2 = TRUE

#5 = Nancy ripping up the official signed copy of the state of the union, was not only stupid... You do realize that speech is supposed to be archived in the federal government archive. Some serious fallout will become of her ripping up the state of the union speech. Read here ---> https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/white-house/481598-nancy-pelosi-should-resign