Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse

AHappyChick

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
this whole thread is hysterical, and yes not only have I thought of that (well not the exact zombie part) but my preparations would handle them I believe :lol:

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
:caf

Have to come back later and read this. I don't have time right now. I'm boarding up the house and checking to make sure my guns are loaded.

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMO you wouldn't want to try to eradicate the problem on your own(i.e. no bait...you yourself would be bait enough). The contagion would be to widespread to handle. They tried for months in Day of the Dead, to no avail. Better to try for an island that you could clear out, and hope they don't figure out to walk under water a la Land of the Dead. BTW, a good secure mall like Dawn of the Dead would be nice too.
Another good way to survive would be in a convoy(Resident Evil 3) or roving motorcycle gang. Stay mobile, scavange(and I suppose eventually raid) to survive. The dead feed on the living specifically to ease the pain of being dead(Return of the Living Dead 2), so theoretically if one could hunker down long enough they could survive. Zombies continue to decompose, so once the brain was decomposed they should "die". But on the other hand, see Land of the Dead, those folks had been dealing with them for years.

BTW, I love zombie flicks!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well I found it funny...apparently I only have a 65% chance of survival...pretty grim!

I do happen to believe in the Zombie theory...not real zombies but the masses of people who turn to zombie like behavior because of a chain of events that radically imacts normal living conditions.
Dh thinks I am nuts. :idunno

Peak oil is one thing that lead me to look into a more SS lifestyle. I actually had to stop going to my fave web page because it was a lot of doom & gloom and it caused too much friction between DH and I. He is not a believer of the PO theory. :he

I am prepared on a very very small scale. Very small. I need to focus more in this direction because I believe we are going to come to some real drastic changes in the relatively near future.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I do happen to believe in the Zombie theory...not real zombies but the masses of people who turn to zombie like behavior because of a chain of events that radically imacts normal living conditions.
Dh thinks I am nuts
THAT is exactly what I was getting at with this thread. Yes, it is using humor, but the fear of a roaming horde is a VALID FEAR. Have you seen recent video of the riot in CA?

And Tommy, you know your zombie lore dude! :bow

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Dh thinks I am nuts
THAT is exactly what I was getting at with this thread. Yes, it is using humor, but the fear of a roaming horde is a VALID FEAR. Have you seen recent video of the riot in CA?

And Tommy, you know your zombie lore dude! :bow
No, what riot? Where?

See it will happen!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It did seem to drop out of the headlines rather quickly...no doubt due to the new President

http://libcom.org/forums/news/riot-oakland-california-over-cop-killing-08012009

"Clorox Corp (CLX.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and other businesses in Oakland, California, were sending employees home early on Thursday due to fears of more violence in the wake of a recent fatal police shooting of an unarmed man.

A receptionist at Clorox told Reuters by telephone that employees had been told to leave the company's offices before 3 p.m. PST (2300 GMT). The Oakland Tribune reported other businesses in the city also let employees go home early.

Oakland police arrested more than 100 people on Wednesday night, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, after an appeal to protesters for calm and to disperse by Mayor Ron Dellums failed, resulting in small riot in the city's downtown area. Storefronts and several cars were damaged.

Oakland, California's eighth-largest city with 400,000 residents, is a major port and regional hub. It has a history of racial tension.

Demonstrators were protesting the killing of 22-year-old Oscar Grant of Hayward, California on New Year's Day at an Oakland railway station by a railway police officer, Johannes Mehserle.

Grant was detained by railway police after a scuffle between two groups of young men. Videos recorded by bystanders now circulating on the Internet show Mehserle shooting Grant, who appeared to be face down on a railway platform.

Investigations are under way into the shooting. Mehserle resigned on Wednesday from the police force of the Bay Area Rapid Transit railway.

Mehserle is white and Grant black, prompting one demonstrator on Wednesday night to cast the shooting and its protest in racial terms.

"I feel like the night is going great," demonstrator Nia Sykes, 24, of San Francisco told the San Francisco Chronicle. "I feel like Oakland should make some noise. This is how we need to fight back. It's for the murder of a black male." (Reporting by Jennifer Martinez; Editing by Eric Walsh)"
http://uk.reuters.com/article/marketsNewsUS/idUKN088853120090109

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I'm a little confused....we just had a thread where people complained that folks's personal lives were, in fact, nothing to do with SS and should be left off the main forum boards......but a thread about ZOMBIES taking over the world is sufficiently SS enough to not receive any type of censoring complaints?

:rolleyes:
I agree with bee.

One of my first post on the forum was edited for usng the word cr@@. You know I think it's worth saying again. This thread is CRAP!!!

No offence to the zombies above!!:tongue

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Beekissed said:
I'm a little confused....we just had a thread where people complained that folks's personal lives were, in fact, nothing to do with SS and should be left off the main forum boards......but a thread about ZOMBIES taking over the world is sufficiently SS enough to not receive any type of censoring complaints?

:rolleyes:
I agree with bee.

One of my first post on the forum was edited for usng the word cr@@. You know I think it's worth saying again. This thread is CRAP!!!

No offence to the zombies above!!:tongue
I understand the reasoning behind the zombie posts. If you don't like the subject, then just bypass it, there are other threads to participate in.