Presidential Debate--who watched?

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Everytime you take your car out on the road, you are driving on the government's work- if you cross a bridge or have a fire put out or go to a park or don't have to fight everyday with your neighbor over your own property, you are taking advantage of the government's work- don't have your neighbor's sewerage in your well? Government. See that most old people are not starving? Government. Don't have to speak German, attend a certain church or be a communist party member? Government.

That government produces what you want or doesn't is remarkably in the control of the person you see in the mirror each morning along with others doing the same.

Only a document such as the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution confers rights- otherwise the right belongs to the biggest gun attached to the hand of the person least bothered with their conscience.

If government is not perfect it is because humans are not perfect- they can't even agree on what is perfect.

The normal human perspective is to focus on what doesn't please us. That is ok as long as sight of the things that do please are also part of the thinking.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Sorry, I try to stay out of political debates, but I just have some thing to add the the Canadian healthcare system.

In the states, if you do not have healthcare, and say you chop a finger off--hospitals will send you away if you can't afford to pay. Or if you have HMOs, you have to go to a certain hospital-to a certain dr., correct?

In Canada, No One is turned away. We are all entitiled to health care--no one is turned away. Also, if the need for an MRI is great, or the surgery is extreme emergency, you will have it done asap.

I'll take our healthcare system over yours anyday.

Ok, said my piece--carry on.... :pop :caf

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
reinbeau
I don't feel your comment was over the top at all. It is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I didn't take what you said so literal, for me, I understand the angle you were coming from.....I too being self sufficient type don't want to rely on anyone. But I know I have to at some point in this life, cause life is an illusion of sufficiency and everything else actually and I will require the Govt or "someone's" help at some point......but I know what you said is your opinion and you sure are entitled to post it.

And of course we as posters are allowed to jump on it..HA HA--only kidding!!!!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
No Miss the North- people do get care- just go to any American emergency room and count the number of people who will never pay a dime- probably most there will never pay the cost of their care.
It's just that the goverment limits how much they will pay because they have been looked on as cash cows by anyone who makes a profit at such work.
The person who pays is the person who has insurance or will pay their bill, which will probably be 30% higher to cover those who don't pay.
We do have a problem with health care, whether you think we should or shouldn't cover all people. We have let it get to this because we have no consensus on it yet.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you can't be turned away from an emergency room at a hosptial

but any type of elective care or further care for a problem can be denied at a hospital...but there are county hospitals etc. that MUST treat you.....and yes, the others pay dearly for it if you don't pay your bills.....so it is a warped system in a way....but again, the strong must help the weak so what can ya do????

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Halos?
LOL-LOL
I don't get that post....LOL
I must be slow on the uptake today!!

hey missthenorth---are your Drs. and nurses all given a salary by the govt and such and can't make more and more like the US Drs? With healthcare controlled by the govt then the paychecks etc. are all controlled also?

I just literally don't know much about Canada's healthcare at all????? just fishing for some info..LOL

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Halos?
LOL-LOL
I don't get that post....LOL
I must be slow on the uptake today!!

hey missthenorth---are your Drs. and nurses all given a salary by the govt and such and can't make more and more like the US Drs? With healthcare controlled by the govt then the paychecks etc. are all controlled also?

I just literally don't know much about Canada's healthcare at all????? just fishing for some info..LOL
halos was something that ETR edited out of her post although iwould still like her to explain it. I admittedly don't know much about American healthcare either--just go by the documentaries I see on TV--which I know are filtered through what the media wants us to see.

I also don't know much about the Canadian healthcare as in how dr.s are paid either. I just can not complain about our healthcare, where as I see problems iwth American healthcare on TV all the time. That being said--I don't wear a halo. :/