Punkins' world....SUNSHINE, seeds and no more drought!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I wish I had not read any of this. Do you realize how much work has just been generated because one person decided to de-clutter.

I am going to have to ask that you all post "possible work motivator" read at your own risk at the heading of all post that might make me feel like I need to work to do the same thing
:plbb

I honestly have so much junk right now I can not even make myself declutter. Every weekend I say "you need to clean out that cabinet or that drawer". Then I look in the cabinet or drawer and just close it back. Oh well, maybe one day.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
My big motivator - I had rather get rid of it than clean it or move it to clean under it. :rolleyes:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
punkin said:
I have spent a good part of the last couple of days getting stuff together for a yard sale. I've got several boxes full, and I haven't even gotten to the attic yet.

How did I ever accumulate so much stuff? I haven't had a yard sale in several years, but this is ridiculous.

I guess I've had too many fleeting interests in the past few years. Certainly nothing of any SS value in it.

We have alot of stuff that people have given us, thinking we would use it. For example, a trash compactor that has been sitting in the garage for at least a year (I think I used it 2-3 times) - out it goes.

I used to collect pink carnival glass, not anymore. It's going, too.

And, Ugh! the Christmas decorations I don't use anymore. I used to be big into scrapbooking and have alot that I will never use.

Oh well, maybe some good money will come out of it. I'm off to the attic before I get out of the "get rid of it" mood.
HI Punkin
I had a good time reading up on your journal!! You sure are busy lady!

Great mood---declutter mood! I don't have much clutter anymore. Over the last 3 years I have trashed/sold/goodwill or whatever almost all my useless stuff....and tons I got like you....from someone cause I thought I might need it. But yes, get rid of stuff. Believe me your life gets lighter!

Next for me is the kitchen. All cabinets to be stripped bear, all stuff sorted, most into my new pantry and old pots etc. thrown....time to revamp the kitchen. I love to delcutter and it is so easy to find stuff now...!!

hope you make great money on that yard sale gal!!!!
Thanks, FC. I'm taking it all down to the property we own that is on a very busy road. I put my add in the paper today.

I really don't want strangers coming to my house. I've done that before and they ask "Do you have a place for me to try this on?" or "Can I use your bathroom?" Plus, you never know is someone is scoping your house out.

I'll bet you are way more busy than me. How are the crops? How is Tony doing? I'll be Nicole is enjoying summer. We are just now opening the pool. Now it's time for brushing down the sides. Maybe we will be swimming by Sunday. :fl

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I'm still dragging out more stuff. I really am ashamed of the amount I have. I found 3 printers :ep Where did they come from? I did find some really good GI Joe stuff and more of DS's toys that I didn't realize I kept. I've also had a good time reminiscing (sp) about when DS was young enough to play with them.

I still have a few more things to get out of the attic. It just got too hot up there today.

I have a few ideas about what I'm going to buy with the proceeds. I'm counting my chickens already. To me, yard sale money is kind of like "free" money. I'll probably spend it on things I hate to buy. (sheets, towels, baking pans - all of which are worn thin)

We also need some stacking stone for landscaping, so maybe I'll have enough to put towards that.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Your making me tired with all the work you have been doing getting ready for your sale! I need to have one too but I have been avoiding it. I don't know how we end up with so much stuff. Well I am feeling guilty now so I'll try to go through some things.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Today was yard sale day one. I had to pick the hottest day of the year so far, 97 with a heat indes of 105 (Do we have a sweating smiley?) We had most of the stuff on tables under a metal carport. It was tolerable if the breeze was blowing. I got there at 7 am and left at 4 pm. I've made about $300 so far. :weee

I only had one person ask if I would take less than the marked price. To me, that was surprising. I guess I had fair prices.

Tomorrow, we are supposed to have the same heat. I'll get there at 7 again, but will probably leave earlier. Whatever doesn't sell is going to Goodwill.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
For me, it's the first tomatoes out of my garden. I've been getting them for about a week now. So far, I've gotten Park's Whoppers, Seedless and my first Roma yesterday. Right now, I have 4-5 ripening on my windowsill.

A friend of mine gave me a mess of green beans Friday. We are going to have those for supper tonight. He is 83 and has the most beautiful garden I've ever laid eyes on. He and his garden was featured in our local paper last week. Just thinking about his garden is the inspiration I need to hoe mine out.

It's supposed to cool down to the lower 90's this week. Our official high for Saturday was 99. Just doing the smallest chore outside wiped me out. I really feel for those who have to work outside all day.

Some of my goals for today are:

hoe garden
water garden (if it doesn't rain)
vaccuum pool
3-4 loads of laundry
clean house :sick

Some of my goals for the week are:

clean out iris bed
clean out greenhouse flower garden
clean pool and deck area
start fall tomato plants

Right now it's cloudy, so I think I'll get started on the garden.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We are fighting the heat here too punkin.

It does make it hard to get any outside work done. Plus I am now starting to worry about my young birds. :/

The City Biddys have it fine - after all the secret to quality Real Estate is location, location, location. They are parked on the north side of my garage and get good breeze and shade all day long. Plus I usually make sure they are out "grazing" in the yard in the heat of the day or when ever it rains. My dogs are inside at those times and they love scratching worms in the rain and usually go to the deeply shaded north side of my house and dig through the leaves or dust bath when it is so very hot.

My six week old turkeys and pullets however, are living in my "Chick Mobile" at my daughters. They really cannot access the outside electric net pen just yet as they are still a little too small and could just walk through the wires - plus since it is located across town it is hard to keep a close eye on them for predators. They are parked in shade and have windows open on three sides ... still. I think I am going to try to open their back door window today and cover it with netting if I still have some of that in the garden.

Too much heat - too much or too little rain all makes TOO much work! :th

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
We are fighting the same temps here so I know what you mean.
It was 99 in the shade yesterday. The thermomerter on my front porch reached 108. No rain or relief in sight either.

I guess we are getting Arizona weather. I saw in the news where they have gone....well I think it said 13 days with temps under a 100. Thats the 1st time since 1913 they have gone that long.

I sliced my first tomato yesterday. It was awful. We have some beautiful green tomatos that we have just been waiting on to rippen. If yesterdays sample was an example of what we are going to get we might as well cut them down and head over to the farmers market. It was dry. No tomato juice inside at all. Just a little meat and some seeds.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Well around here anyway it is all about averaging out.

Since we had a cold wet winter and spring was so late getting here in the first place - the dog hot days of summer HAD to come early SO we wouldn't forget how to sweat!

It all averages out ... SEE?

At least with no rain your sweat will evaporate. Around here you just walk around so wet you feel like you are underwater! Heck the DEWPOINT today is 76 degrees!