Punkins' world....SUNSHINE, seeds and no more drought!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
A very sweet pickle. They pair up great with pinto beans, roasts and other good comfort foods. My FIL even eats them on a sandwich with a piece of cheese. My DS's best friend told me I had to make those pickles this year or else his Aunt wouldn't have anything to drink. She actually drinks the juice. :lol:

As far as cucumber size, I just use "market size" slicers. (if that description helps you any :/ )

And, I changed my mind about giving the chickens all the big ones. I'm going to use those (with seeds removed) for cucumber relish. I haven't made that in a few years.

But, the chickens will still get their share. :p

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I never have to water bath them. The syrup is so hot that the jars seal every time.

I've never thought about adding hot peppers. I suppose you could, according to your taste.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Thanks so much! :bow I will have to give that recipe a try. My hubby loves the sweet pickles. Now I need someone to find me a fool proof garlic dill! :drool

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Can you post pickle pictures? I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to making them :(

Inchy

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Ok. This is the first stage. They are soaking in the salt water. These will set for 1 week before I do anything else to them.
177_iciclepicklestep1.jpg

I would show you the finished product, but we ate all of them. :p

I will try to keep updates and pictures of the process in my journal.