Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love that reference. If your not Amish your English. That's just that.

Glad to hear all is well. The kids sound like they are very happy. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

g

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Javamama - what ears???? They have almost NONE. These girls heads just come up to my waist.

I saw full sized Mancha's at the Roger's sale a couple weeks ago - and they were twice Lydia's and Luna's size.

Maybe if one of your girls have a boy......................................

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's the answer I was looking for - definitely mini manchas :celebrate Mine are about waist high too. I would definitely send you a little boy if we get one.
I think I have photos of mine in my journal and it would only be a couple/few pages back if you want to see them. OK, they are on page 15.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I think we might be making plans to go down to Ohio Nationals for a day or two in November - I'd like to work out meeting with a couple members on here for coffee or something if they are up to the challenge - er I mean visit!!!
Sounds like fun to me, and I'd love to join you!

About the rest - you are all always in our prayers.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We have really missed you around here - so glad you are back! :hugs

I will keep the trial situation in my prayers.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
TODAY WAS JUST THE GREATEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They brought in the dozer (they being the crew hooking up our - yep you guessed it - OUR WELL!!!! ) and they dug the ditch for the water line from well to pump house (dude i'm typing so fast I almost typed p i m p :th ) THEN they dug out our ROOT CELLAR!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 6 1/2 feet deep!!!! It's 8x8 and 6 1/2 foot deep - E says we might as well call it a bomb shelter now!!!

:gig

Tomorrow they are putting the pump down the well, and by next week WE SHOULD HAVE WATER!!!!!!!!!!

:weee :weee :weee

We're planning a house warming for sometime in November, but not sure what day yet.

We're having what our Amish neighbors call a frolic on November 6, and they are all coming over to help us build out the living room. We're starting at 8 am and working until noon, when we'll break for lunch. Our goal for the day is to get the exterior walls up and the roof on. :D

:weee :weee :weee

I'm so excited that I ran to the dollar store and bought 2 blow up kiddie pools for next summer - they were 90% off so I only paid $2 a pool!!!!

WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bun :bun :celebrate :celebrate :weee :weee :woot :woot

Next, I have to get shower curtains and hooks! I have my eye on a seashell one for our bathroom...... WHOOT!!!!!!

Anyone celebrating with me?????????????

I do have news about our court, but we'll save that for another day - because today was too awesome to cast a shadow on it!

OH! and my computer should be fixed in a couple weeks, so hopefully internet at home next month!!! WHOOT!!!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
What a great day!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could come to your Frolic!!!
Me too, me too :weee

What a cool thing to call it; a "Frolic" to help your neighbors, now that is the right spirit

Great to hear from you!!!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:woot :weee I know ya'll are super excited. Good to hear from you and that you'll be back soon.