Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
yooo . . whooo . . . QA / Becca where's the pics . . . Hope the move is going well, hurry back!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
How are things going, QA? How are you?

TR has off the first week-end of October. We are booked for Saturday morning, but was wondering if you are okay with having visitors maybe Sunday... it would be after church. Let me know. It isn't chiseled in stone ... still in the thought process.

ETA: I could even check with Christine and bring your pair of white muscovies. :D

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Becca here with an update on QA.
I talked to her last night, and she is dead tired and feeling down with flu bug. Seems to be a light bug floating around her family.

She has been on the go a lot, taking Amish to appointments, auctions, and such. She still doesn't have a working computer for home Internet and no time to stop into the library.

There is some promise that they will have their water and sewer lines in by the end of next week. They really wanted to start on a room addition to get the wood burner set up in before winter, but so far it hasn't begun. E will need lots of help.

Her sister was sick and in the hospital a while. She may still need prayers, but I believe she is home. Otherwise, her family front seems fairly calm. Kids are enjoying school, but the baby is going through a lot of tantrums lately. :(

QA and I have connived to raise pullets through winter. We may be crazy, but the demand for pullets and eggs is high here. One friend wants us to brood 25 pullets just for her. So we will attempt it starting November 2. :fl

QA asks me what all is going on here at SS, but I haven't had time to keep up with much myself. If you have a message for QA, though, I'll see she gets it.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Send her our good thoughts and well wishes :D

Running water...it will be like paradise :D

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aly and Becca, when I first starting posting on here you two were so kind to me. I am glad to hear that all is going semi-well on the homefront. :)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey Becca and Aly, I miss you both! Sounds like you are staying very busy. Bec, tell Aly I went crazy and finally bought 2 goats. Pregnant goats! Due to kid in February. Mini-manchas.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
QA keeps telling me she is going to bring her camera to my place and download some pictures for me to post to you, but she hasn't yet. :/

I've hardly picked up my own camera this summer. :(