Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks Becca,

We just want to make sure all is well. Sounds like driving the Amish is working out well for Aly. I hope things come together soon on their place. Keeping busy is a good thing.

Good luck to the both of you on the pullets. Make lots of money. :woot

Tell Aly I said Hi!!!!

Gina

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Sorry to hear QA & family have had the bug. TR has had the flu since Sunday and is just feeling better today.

Becca, please let QA know our offer to come help still stands. I would call her, but my phone isn't working at all; the battery is brand new, so it appears I will be buying a new phone tomorrow.

Anyway, TR is off work this week-end and works next week-end; his schedule is work every other week-end. After I get a phone, I'll give QA a shout, but I'm sure we could make a trip to help.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hi guys....glad to hear everything is going well, well except for the sickness part.

Hope everyone feels better soon, can't wait to see pics of everything! :hugs to you both!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Becca - glad to know everybody is okay. You guys are missed when you aren't around.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Hey Becca..........tell Aly I said that being busy with the Amish, the kids, the house, and not having a 'puter, is NO EXCUSE for not stopping by to say hello! :gig

Glad to hear everything is OK!. :frow

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Glad things are going mostly well. Hope they flu is done quick so she will be feeling good again. We do miss hearing about our Queen of the Ohio Farm Auction.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OMIGOSH LOOK!

I got a minute to breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gig

Water's not in yet - probably will be a couple more weeks...

and for people who don't drive, the Amish sure have a lot of places to GO! :th

Becca and I went to the Mt. Hope swap Friday afternoon - I talked her out of a goose, I talked her out of going back on Saturday morning, and I didn't buy anything..........................................................

...........................much :gig Just a trio of Bantam Columbian Wyandottes and some Mottled Cochins.

I told E that for xmas I want a small air compressor and a nail gun. With all the pens/coops/and house additions work we're doing around our place, I think a nail gun is in order! ;)

Kids are loving school. DD had straight A's on her mid-term report card! :celebrate

And speaking of DD - we have court today at 2 pm. The prosecuting attorney said we need to meet him 15 minutes early (this is just a pre-trial) because our nephew is ready to "do something" and we have to make a decision. We aren't sure now if this is he's going to try to get a plea bargain or what.

But. If he plea bargains, and we accept (we were told we can refuse him and make him face trial) - then DD doesn't have to testify. If we push for trial, DD has to take the stand infront of him.

She's doing SO WELL right now - and isn't stressed - so we're thinking depending on what they tell us today, we are leaning towards agreeing to let him take a plea. Plus, that means his butt gets shipped back to TN sooner where he faces more serious charges for crimes he committed against his own DD -

wait - not sure I told you about our Great - Niece or not, but we sent the authorities to the home where we knew she was living, and where there was NO physical evidence on our DD, there is on his. :hit She was only 3 when the abuse started.

Sick man.

I'm still thinking of requesting mandatory vasectomy if he does put in a plea (not that I think they will grant that request, but it's nice to think on) that way he cannot have any children of his own in the future to abuse. Castration would be better.

Anyhoo....as Becca said earlier, we have 95 chicks coming November 2. The local Amish are always asking me if we have pullets for sale, and then other English people also want already started pullets. No one wants to mess with brooding chicks.

I think we might be making plans to go down to Ohio Nationals for a day or two in November - I'd like to work out meeting with a couple members on here for coffee or something if they are up to the challenge - er I mean visit!!!

Javamama - PREGNANT GOATS!!! AWESOME!!

I have two LaManchas - that I bought earlier this year at Auction - named Lydia and Luna - but they weren't bottle babies when I got them, although they were small enough to carry in my arms....now they're not much bigger than a blue heeler and I'm wondering if they are Mini Manchas....... :hu I also have added a young Alpine doeling - I think she's about 6 months old. We named her Lola.

The hope is that we'll find a nice LaMancha buck for the Manchas....

Another day when I have time to breathe, I'll haul my camera over to Becca's for the pics.

I miss ya'll! I hope to have a computer set up at home soon. Smooches and hugs to everyone! :love

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do I know you? :gig It's good to hear from you girl.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That size sounds about right for mini-manchas. Some of them are quite petite. Depends on which generation they are. What are their ears like?