Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I've had one of those days too, sans screaming baby of course, but still... Wish I could help ya out! I love gift wrapping if nothing else :lol:

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Today I'm trying to get caught up on housework and it just ain't happening. I got Squeakers to take a nap, and thought I'd haul in wood for the day plus tomorrow morning's kindling. Get that done, figure I'll start dishes. Baby boy was being whiney and fussy, so I stuffed an early lunch into him and managed (how I don't know) to get him to take a nap! Dash outside and quickly feed the chickens - back in to do dishes and just as the water is ready and dishes are in the water, Squeakers wakes up.

I fed her, changed her, burped her, and got her back to sleep (for like 2 minutes). Laid her down in her bassinet and trucked back out to the kitchen. Halfway through my sinkful of dishes she's awake and screaming.

So now, I've once again changed her, fed her, burped her, and played with her and she was acting sleepy but not giving in to it.

I was hoping to knock out all my cleaning this morning so I could wrap gifts this afternoon - and it ain't happening. :(
You should try a sling or backpack carrier like the old snugglies. Babies always seem to sleep better when they are being held and they don't necessarily care if they are on your back or chest. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
She finally did take a nap, and I was able to get laundry and dishes done. Plus once the kids got home they helped.

E and I are getting ready to wrap some gifts and see what we have for each child. As soon as the movie we're watching is over. We're watching Rockstar with Mark Whalberg (DROOL). I even told E how sexy I thought Mark looks in this movie. :D He just rolled his eyes at me! but still - drool drool drool! This is one of my fav movies, for sure. It's second to Dragonheart (and that's for the sexiness of Sean Connery's voice! MAJOR DROOL DROOL DROOL). I think Sean Connery is sooo distinquished! and yes, sexy. :lol:

Ok, I's gots to go gets busy wrappings stuffus!

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh yummy recipe

I checked out some others on this site and they look wonderful, so thank you for the link, Iam sure I will be returning and trying out some other recipes from there.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks Aly! I will have to try these, they look delicious!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We have rain/snow showers/snow in our forecast this week. How is life by you?

I tried to go to your blog using your website link under your avatar, but the link is wrong.

I sure miss our daily chats. :( Still having really (^^^) fb issues. :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
been awhile since I've updated. Had a long post typed out and accidently deleted it.

Will summarize it and say we've had some illness and loss in my family or of people related to my family (sis's inlaws). Had a quick trip to GA to see my Grandmother who wasn't doing well (she's better now) and lost a great uncle the day after Christmas.

Been a long couple of weeks.

Survived Christmas, survived the New Year, and now looking forward to the next year and everything it has in store for us.

First focus of the year: Farm Improvements.