Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Aly, there are no words. The respect you have from your forum community you have certainly earned. The life you have lived has shaped your feelings and perspectives. This is understandable and will hurt you for a long time. I understand this completely.

I also understand your plea for the children out there. No one really knows until they've been there.

You have not made an a** of yourself in any way. Merely presented a view of a situation that some may not have thought to consider. A bully will always be a bully and a "good thrashing" does not correct a lifetime of bad behavior and I doubt it corrected any conditions these children have to live in in their home life. Most bullies will take out their frustrations on the innocent parties when they get home. Especially so if they have been humiliated in front of these innocent parties. You and I would have handled this situation differently because we have been on the other side.

Like pouring water on a gas fire.

It may feel good to step in and defend the helpless...I have done it. It feels good at the time. It rarely corrects the problem.

We all bring different lives and perspectives to this forum. One never knows what the next person has been through and what old pain one's stories may revive. Though colorful and seeming to impart some moral code, some stories shouldn't make it to a public forum.

Lick those wounds and come back to tell us about your ongoing hobby farm enterprise or we will all have some major withdrawals on here! We love you, Quail. :hugs

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs

Looking forward to our day out. How about some ice cream? It always does wonders to cheer me. I'll buy! :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Aly, you won't be banned, nor will your journal be locked, but your post will be deleted - really, let it go, we can't start fighting between ourselves within threads. I feel your pain, and understand exactly where you're coming from, but fighting with another member isn't going to help you, nor is it going to help the forum, so with that, I'm going to delete your message. Peace. :hugs

countrymama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I do not post usually, but I do come here daily and have learned so much! Your journal is one of my favorites, please continue on with your journal!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Had 3 Dom chicks hatch today, approximately 9 more to go. Plus about 5 Sussex eggs in the hatcher and I think 9 BBS Orps :fl

3 Doms having hatched is much better than my last few hatches...considering nothing had hatched in my last batch of BBS Orps thanks to someone cranking the 'bator up to 113!!!

I want to say, that I do appreciate and love all of my friends here, but I am only human and I've a lot to learn. I have yet to figure out how to put a hermit's shell around my heart and emotions, but I'm working on it.