Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
When I was a little kid I had a fever of over 107! I was hospitalized packed in ice to bring the fever down. I came out of even that ok... Although I sure could use it as an excuse sometimes! They think I was given a "bad" measles vaccine and now call what I had "Toxic Shock syndrome".

It is so very scary when little kids have a fever spike like that. I am glad you got him in to the hospital and on the antibiotics. In all probability those antibiotics should work great on him. I think people who don't use them all of the time usually have the best results. :D

I'll be praying for all of you. :hugs That stress is hard on mom and dad too. :)

becky3086

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My sewing machine has just sat there since Wal-mart stopped selling fabric here. I would have to go to Augusta just to get fabric and I almost never go to Augusta because I really can't drive there myself.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
becky3086 said:
My sewing machine has just sat there since Wal-mart stopped selling fabric here. I would have to go to Augusta just to get fabric and I almost never go to Augusta because I really can't drive there myself.
There's a place online that sells amazing fabrics for only $5 something a yard. I order from there all the time because I can't get it that cheap anywhaere in Canada. They also have really good fabric specials. Their fabric is 100% cotton and sews wonderfully! Shipping is free on orders over $50
www.connectingthreads.com
Right now they have loads of fabric on sale for $2.96/yd

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Trying to catch up with you... :hugs and hoping everyone, including your young son is better!

Do you need to do an overnighter? We have the room to put you up if you need it. Just call me on my cell phone first (I'll pm ya, incase you don't have the number anymore).

We haven't had much snow this year yet - although it hasn't stopped yet today.... about 4 or 5 inches.

I have a set of boxes for shipping eggs for you. TR hasn't gotten any lately from work, I think someone else is taking them before he gets a chance to see them. :smack :lol:

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
So we the older kids and I went Christmas caroling with other members from our church.

Let me start by saying, our Pastor's wife and her sister are absolutley hilarious, and the three of us together were like the trouble making kids on the back of a school bus.....:hide

We goofed off and laughed and giggled, between houses...at the third house we sang "Deck the Halls". Well, I nearly peed my pants because the pastor's wife leanstowards me and says, "Don we now our alternative lifestyle apparrel..." :th I turned to her and said, "We just can't take you anywhere!" This brought a burst of laughter from her and her sister.

We get back to the van and I looked at her and said, "I do NOT buy this political correct garbage!"

She and her sister both burst out into hysterical laughter, and I really thought we'd have to make them honorary members of P.I.S.S.I.

Turns out, there was a little story to her changing the words of the song....

I guess during a Christmas Past, while they were caroling, they had chosen a house that was the home to a homosexual couple. Well, they didn't know, and didn't give any thought to the words of the song, and they sang "Deck the Halls". When they sang the line "don we now our gay apparrel" the couple slammed the door in their faces. :ep

So after singing at a few houses, and more laughing, we visited a local nursing home. That was the best part of the night! To see the residents light up as we sang to them. Even better, some of them sang along as well as some of the staff!! :celebrate

So then it was back to the church for the churches Christmas Party.

We will not discuss how two of my sons nearly set our table on fire, nor how the pastor's sister in law fanned the flames, making the fire bigger instead of putting it out...nor how the pastor's wife was screaming "blow it out blow it out" amid hysterical bouts of laughter from us. Poor Becca, "Run it to the sink!" and me hysterically laughing (almost to tears at this point) and dumbly screaming "fire!! fire!!"

Yea, we won't talk about any of that. :gig (it was put out amazingly!)

Lets just say, our table provided plenty of entertainment for the night.

All in all, it was a great party and we all had a wonderful -if not slightly embarrassing- time. :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
It must have been great to laugh after all that worry and rushing with your son! Sounds like your holidays are going to be just fine!!! :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Whew...another Christmas, come and gone.... :ya

Now, on to New Year's....let's get that over with so we can get on to....

SPRING!!!!!!!!!

:p

We did have a good day yesterday, and we recieved the best gift of all...the gift of love and friendship! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
It's only 17* out there today!!!

And all of the snow that had melted is back! :rant

Yesterday you could see the little bits of grass, even though it's brown, that still covers my yard. Last night and into this morning it snowed enough to cover everything back up! :hit

The only critters I've seen out this morning so far is my Spitzhauben hen and Lance the RP tom.....and even they went back in!

My friend over the hill wanted me to assist her in taking her psycho and mean pygmy billy to auction this morning....yea, we all know how I get along with goats! and this one is more psycho than Elroy was! Just 4 times smaller.......

Yep, I begged off the auction so I wouldn't have to drive in this stuff! She fortunately lives on a main road where they dilligently clear the roads...the road we live on will not get much attention today since school is out for the holidays. I was hoping to take some rabbits of mine to auction today, but it can wait for a nicer Monday!

I do think we're having a milder winter this year than last year. I read through my journal postings from last December, and a few days after Christmas I had posted that I was sick and tired of having to break ice and thaw waterers for my critters. I have had to do that for some of the critters this winter, especially the cows and Job, but not as much as last year.

Yesterday it was about 50* all day, and everything was thawed!! So we had a big drop in temps from yesterday to today.

Keljonma's area is getting a huge dumping of snow right now.

I think I forgot to mention that my NPIP paperwork from the Ohio Poultry Association arrived on Christmas Eve!! :ya I was super excited to get that in the mail.

Will save me TONS of money when I sell my birds out at the auction!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Plus help you to MAKE tons more money! :celebrate

I will personally not buy birds unless they are from a NPIP flock. I have so few birds I can not risk loosing them all with a diseased addition to my flock. Even with the certificates I still isolate the for a couple of weeks, and powder them for buggies.