Quail_Antwerp: Words from the Barnyard...

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's so funny.

My first one was watermelon - you try and find watermelon in NE Wisconsin in December!!!!! Poor hubby ruined that one for me when he cut up my watermelon the same cutting board he used to cut onions and didn't wash it before the melon! :sick

Second one was chicken sandwiches with no bread. People thought I was on the Atkins diet, because didn't want any bread.

Third one, Arby's roast beef.

And ice cream was a consistent with all of them! With the first, when my husband was gone for his two-week drill, that's all I ate for two-weeks! :ya

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh yea, I ate ice cream like it was going out of style for a month - gained 6 pounds in 4 weeks and DH told Dr. that I had been eating ice cream 2-3 times a day :smack Made him stay home for the next appt because she had told me to cut back on the delicious ice creamy goodness. Only gained 3 pounds the next month.

Dreading my next appt and seeing the weight gain, but I've been eating a lot healthier this last time.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Don't worry about the weight gain if you have been eating healthy, you are supposed to gain weight silly.

I craved peaches with my first one and she loves peaches! We always say that she was calling for them.

I also took a bit from a cauliflour IN THE GROCERY STORE RAW once when I was preggers with her, I couldn't stop myself. :hide

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
W/my DD, I craved coffee! And, I didn't even like the taste of it! Now, I drink a cup (or more) almost everyday. (Decafe only.)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
RIP my precious Jett. There will never be another one like you :hit

14550_jett.jpg

we were woke up to the chickens carrying on this morning - i actually thought i heard my goats, E said no it's baby boy. Checked on sons, all was fine. Went pee. E comes running in, says chickens are carrying on.

Ran out with flashlight and shot gun.

saw coon - just as he had finished offing my beautiful Jett. :hit :hit

Soon as I realized it was Jett, I started crying and screaming at E - shoot 'im! shoot the little B******!

Aimed, fired. Dead coon.

Doesn't bring back Jett though. :hit

then, E realizes he shot in the direction of my goat barn. I took off at a run, to check on my babies - both met me at the gate just fine Thank You God!

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a beautiful bird.

Coons are vicious little devils. I had coon trouble about 2 years ago. Set up a live trap and trapped several. I took them to town and turn them loose because the town people were always dumping their unwanted dogs out in the country for us to handle. The whole thing was a double bubble for me.

Anyway, I am so sorry for your loss.

Way to go E. Glad you got him!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hit :hugs So sorry about Jet. He was beautiful! RIP Jet. Glad you got the coon, and that the goats are safe! Whew!