Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Think I have Eve sold. Told the guy Id breed her with Leo the red buck for him. He will be picking her up Sunday.
Bred BW again this time to BB. Guy us supposed to call me about pickup on them Sat.

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I still have Belle and the young doe from the breeding between BW and Leo. Cant breed her to her daddy, tho. If the guy doesnt come get the pair guess I will keep them and try again to see if I get any kits out of her. I may keep a doe from the litter Belle has now. She wont be related to Leo so that would work. Im just very disappointed in everyone this season. For Belle to go to 14 last litter to just 4 this time was a suprise.
I figured Eve would have a small litter first time, but for her to kill one and eat the ears of the second one? I finally did remember noticing blood on the kits head when I took it from her, but thought it was just cause she hadnt cleaned it off.
Yes, I bred her again, giving her the benefit of a doubt, hoping that next time she will be better. I have read first time moms can have a bad first experience.
I do enjoy the rabbits and have alot to learn.

Last edited:

HornyToadAcres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Slowly reading through this wonderful thread but quick question.
My first litter just opened their eyes day before yesterday.
Well 4 out of 5 did. If the one still has eyes closed today, suggestions?

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
With the cold temps here and all the rain before the cold, found this in my flower bed this morning.

20210213_085026.jpg

20210213_085023.jpg

I dont remember what this is called but it has something to do with the water being squeezed out when the temperature drops.

Latest posts