Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have read that large (12") tiles help with the heat also. I don't have rabbits, so I don't know if that is true or not.
I have some tiles and tried using those last year but they just pee all over them. I thought about getting some big water bowl crocks and freezing water in those for them to lick on but then thought they may crack.
Right now Im using 1 1/2 litre soda bottles with frozen water in them. Bad thing is when its hot they are melted by 10 am. Hottest part of the day is 10 til 3 here. Since I work til 4 or 5pm, they are in the heat during the worst part of the day.
Today it was humid after the rain but we had a good breeze all day.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So today I go out to feed the rabbits and I kept one of the females from the last litter my white New Zealand's had. I see fur on the ground and I look in her cage and there is fur all over the cage she is only 4 months old. She is next to my red New Zealand buck so I put a nest Box and and hoping to high heaven she is not going to have babies in the Box when I get home. I totally messed up. I knew itcwas a possibility they could breed between the wire but I hoped I could get hutches built before that could happen but I didnt get it done yet. Crap! Unexpected but preventable. Totally my fault.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just checked my info on my app I have to keep track of all the rabbits breeding, ages. and other info. She is only a little over 3 months old. This is not good. I feel terrible that it happened but I thought I had time to build hutches before she was able to get pregnant. Boy, was I wrong.

Last edited:

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just checked my info on my app I have to keep track of all the rabbits breeding, ages. and other info. She is only a little over 3 months old. This is not good. I feel terrible that it happened but I thought I had time to build hutches before she was able to get pregnant. Boy, was I wrong.
I hope she will be fine.

I am new to rabbits, so I will enjoy following your thread.

What app are you using?

Love that you chose Sumi and Joe for names! 😍

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hope she will be fine.

I am new to rabbits, so I will enjoy following your thread.

What app are you using?

Love that you chose Sumi and Joe for names! 😍
So far, no kits. Have no clue what happened. Someone told me it could be hormonal and sometimes they have a freak out. Or she could be bored so I got them some toys to play with.
Thank you on the names. Both people ment alot to me and many other members.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Moved the REW buck🐰 back into a cage in the barn because he is getting peed on by the doe next to him and he is no longer white. :oops: Im going to mix up a vinegar and baking soda solution to try and clean some if the urine off his face and sides so not to attract flies and he gets fly strike ontop of that.πŸ˜•
Male bunnies just cant keep thier noses out of where they dont belong. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

Latest posts