Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Rammy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have read that large (12") tiles help with the heat also. I don't have rabbits, so I don't know if that is true or not.
I have some tiles and tried using those last year but they just pee all over them. I thought about getting some big water bowl crocks and freezing water in those for them to lick on but then thought they may crack.
Right now Im using 1 1/2 litre soda bottles with frozen water in them. Bad thing is when its hot they are melted by 10 am. Hottest part of the day is 10 til 3 here. Since I work til 4 or 5pm, they are in the heat during the worst part of the day.
Today it was humid after the rain but we had a good breeze all day.

Rammy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So today I go out to feed the rabbits and I kept one of the females from the last litter my white New Zealand's had. I see fur on the ground and I look in her cage and there is fur all over the cage she is only 4 months old. She is next to my red New Zealand buck so I put a nest Box and and hoping to high heaven she is not going to have babies in the Box when I get home. I totally messed up. I knew itcwas a possibility they could breed between the wire but I hoped I could get hutches built before that could happen but I didnt get it done yet. Crap! Unexpected but preventable. Totally my fault.

Rammy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just checked my info on my app I have to keep track of all the rabbits breeding, ages. and other info. She is only a little over 3 months old. This is not good. I feel terrible that it happened but I thought I had time to build hutches before she was able to get pregnant. Boy, was I wrong.

Last edited:

Finnie

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just checked my info on my app I have to keep track of all the rabbits breeding, ages. and other info. She is only a little over 3 months old. This is not good. I feel terrible that it happened but I thought I had time to build hutches before she was able to get pregnant. Boy, was I wrong.
I hope she will be fine.

I am new to rabbits, so I will enjoy following your thread.

What app are you using?

Love that you chose Sumi and Joe for names! 😍

Rammy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hope she will be fine.

I am new to rabbits, so I will enjoy following your thread.

What app are you using?

Love that you chose Sumi and Joe for names! 😍
So far, no kits. Have no clue what happened. Someone told me it could be hormonal and sometimes they have a freak out. Or she could be bored so I got them some toys to play with.
Thank you on the names. Both people ment alot to me and many other members.