Rammy's Rabbit Thread

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My horses USED to be a business, at which I did well. Now -- well, they retired, I didn't. Goats & chickens pay most of their upkeep. Plus provide a good amount of healthy foodstuff.
It's supplementing between sales -- or buying more :hide -- that keeps me wondering 🤔 What else would I do??? It's my life. I'm ok with it. No one is going hungry!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My horses USED to be a business, at which I did well. Now -- well, they retired, I didn't. Goats & chickens pay most of their upkeep. Plus provide a good amount of healthy foodstuff.
It's supplementing between sales -- or buying more :hide -- that keeps me wondering 🤔 What else would I do??? It's my life. I'm ok with it. No one is going hungry!

pretty much the same here too, minus the animals. :) the gardens keep me happy and physically active enough which my body really needs. a few hours of digging or weeding and i feel a lot better. as long as i can avoid the accidents which can set me back i do really well here.

it is so much nicer than working some cruddy part-time job for measly pay, we get good food put by or for fresh eating and i love working with nature and seeing what happens next with the beans i've been cross-breeding (well the bees have been doing that for me i just observe and apply some selection pressure).

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
math in the morning is tough for me too... ;)
It's not math in the morning; it's just the numbers would scare some people.... don't forget we run a cow/calf operation.... as well as my nurse cows but they are dry right now.... normally have 2-3 calves each ( the one in milk has 3 on her) and the chickens although my numbers are down.

Let's just say we have over 150 beef brood cows, half with spring calves, and the other half starting to calve now. And the heifers and couple of nurse cows will be calving in a month or so..... and heifers to get ready to go with a bull to get bred.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's not math in the morning; it's just the numbers would scare some people.... don't forget we run a cow/calf operation.... as well as my nurse cows but they are dry right now.... normally have 2-3 calves each ( the one in milk has 3 on her) and the chickens although my numbers are down.

Let's just say we have over 150 beef brood cows, half with spring calves, and the other half starting to calve now. And the heifers and couple of nurse cows will be calving in a month or so..... and heifers to get ready to go with a bull to get bred.

wow! there's no way i could keep up with all that! i'm so glad i just have to clean out the worm buckets once a year and get them restarted again. that's plenty enough for me! :)