Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh man - I understand your challenge! Along with being inconvenient - it is definitely dangerous to think that you might (and have) dumped hot food on yourself. So, are you short? LOL!

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh man - I understand your challenge! Along with being inconvenient - it is definitely dangerous to think that you might (and have) dumped hot food on yourself. So, are you short? LOL!

Who....me? :hide I used to be....5'2". Then, middle age seems to have shrunk me down to 5'1" :hit

When I had a Chevy Astro van, early 90's, I had to use this HUGE pillow for a booster seat...so I could see over the dash t drive it. I pretty much stick to Japanese cars, and STILL, must pull the seat up all the way.:hit

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That has got to be one of life's inconveniences!

I'm 5'6ish and plenty of times wished I was taller! Haven't measured lately - and may not ever again! I wanna keep saying I'm 5'6, lol!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
5'6" is perfect! most clothing is made for your height! I'm 5'9" which is annoyingly too tall for average clothes and several inches too short for tall sizes :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's average....that's why I always wanted to be taller, lol. Hate being "average"....:(

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ihave "Keto Comfort Food" by Maria Emmerich from the library. I've flipped through dozens of keto cookbooks by now and I think they're mostly useless. Except this one. I'm going to try a bunch of recipes!

One of the suggestions (recipe online, not in book) is making refried beans with zucchini or eggplant! I want to try! I don't like the beans texture, but I love the flavor. I suspect I'd like the faux version better than the real thing!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went to Olive Garden for lunch the other day. I love, love, love their Toscana Soup. It's not terribly carby if you just don't eat the potatoes - but I wondered if there was a lower carb version out there...

This is what I found:

ngredients Nutrition

Directions
  1. Fry bacon in a medium/large size skillet; drain fat, put on plate and let cool.
  2. In the same skillet cook the sausage and set aside ( I put it on the back burner).
  3. In a large soup/stew pan put cook onions until tender and clear.
  4. Add in garlic and cook for a minute.
  5. Add water and chicken bouillon cubes.
  6. Start to tear the bacon into bite size pieces and add to the pot.
  7. Add sausage.
  8. Add cauliflower.
  9. Cook for 15 minutes (until cauliflower is soft).
  10. Add heavy cream.
  11. Add kale (I tear mine into bite size pieces).
  12. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had Eggplant Pizza last night. Diabetic DH love, love, loves it! I cut the eggplant into rounds, spritz 'em with a little olive oil and pre-bake them for a few minutes until they start to soften. Pulled 'em out of the oven, and layered some mozzarella slices on top of them. I had pre-cooked some of our recently processed piggy sausage and added some seasoned tomato sauce to that and spread that over the mozza. Added shredded parmesan on top - let it get all melty and gooey and called it (delicious) dinner. YUM!

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I had something similar once, a take away pizza at a market in S.A. At first I was unsure about the eggplant, but I went and asked them afterwards how they did it as it was quite honestly the best pizza I ever had! They told they paint the eggplant with olive oil, then roast it, before putting it on the pizza. Delicious!!