Real Men Eat Veggies - and other healthy recipes!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am so happy for you! You've had enough health challenges so it's really great to hear that you're improving!!
:weee:weee:weee

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've been rocking the low carb recipes lately! Since my hens have kicked into overdrive we had a big ol' omelet for dinner last night. Stuffed it with SHRIMP and parmesan cheese....oh my! We made a sauce to drizzle over it (here comes the veggie part, lol) of sour cream and picante sauce. Sooooo darn good!

Today we had lots of running around to do so we stopped at one of our favorite restaurants (that we don't go to very often) and had some yuminacious crawfish! No potatoes or corn thank ya very much! The veggie part for us was a side order of grilled crabmeat stuffed jalapenos. Oh my goodness - it was delish!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Tortilla soup.

4 cups chicken stock
2 chicken breasts
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 tbls chili powder
1 tbls cumin.
2 tbls onion powder
1 tbls garlic powder
(You can use 1 onion and 2 garlic pieces, but the wife can't do those)
Salt and pepper to taste

Put in slow cooker for 6 hours.
Shred chicken, return to cooker. Low carb says not to, but we added 1 cup of black beans and 1 cup sweet corn. Add the juice of 1 lime.

Cook until everything is hot.

Garnish with sour cream and cheese

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That sounds delish! I've gotta admit that I sometimes add corn to soup too. In the whole great scheme of things a 30carb can of corn in a big ol' batch of soup isn't that bad....and black beans are really healthy and full of fiber. In fact, black beans are one of the carbs that don't raise DH's blood sugar.