Rebeccas journal-it ran!!!!!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
yeah mine sagged too, so I braced it in the middle with an old 4x4 post we had laying around doing nothing.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When I was a kid, we had wooden clothes poles that were used to support a sagging clothes line. Then, they started making them out of metal. I looked for them in the store when I first got married, and couldn't find them. People didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. And, the only reason I was looking to buy them was because I was tired of waiting for hubby to make me some.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I shoved a 2x4 under mine, but I was so frustrated with it that I ended up buying a dryer. This year I want to fix it like I want it. Four lines on wooden Ts. Spring line dried clothes dried in a breeze smell soooo good.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've got babies!!!! 2 out already and 5 I think pipped!!!! Whoo-Hoo!!! Now I need to get some more eggs!!!! Ds's duck eggs are going in next, but I want to try to get some more to run it for a full load of eggs. This hatch is going to run till Monday or Tuesday because I added another dozen eggs 3 days after the first. I'm soooo tired. They started pipping yesterday evening and I was up all night checking every couple of hours! The first one hatched this morning around 5 in the morning.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
I've got babies!!!! 2 out already and 5 I think pipped!!!! Whoo-Hoo!!! Now I need to get some more eggs!!!! Ds's duck eggs are going in next, but I want to try to get some more to run it for a full load of eggs. This hatch is going to run till Monday or Tuesday because I added another dozen eggs 3 days after the first. I'm soooo tired. They started pipping yesterday evening and I was up all night checking every couple of hours! The first one hatched this morning around 5 in the morning.
SWEET!!!!!!!! Congrats! :celebrate :celebrate :weee :weee

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:bun 4 out! 1 zipping and 3 pipped!!! I think I threw out 2 out of the dozen so that leaves 2 that haven't done anything yet. Whoo-Hoo!!!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
That sounds like so much fun but DH says we will buy chicks and then if any go broody, we will have more. Not as much fun! i'm happy yours are coming along!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FOUR! :woot That's great!!! I hope they all hatch!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
snapshot said:
That sounds like so much fun but DH says we will buy chicks and then if any go broody, we will have more. Not as much fun! i'm happy yours are coming along!
It definitely easier that way. I don't have any broodies or for that matter a rooster. :(. But I will soon. This is hopefully my future breeding stock. The fifth one is out now. I wish I had taken notes. I just remembered that I also had a couple of eggs that were cracked that I pulled out too, but I don't remember how many or out of which group. I got a dozen in one group and 13 in the other and after i took out the ones that didn't develop and the ones that were cracked I was left with 18 total. So far I have 5 hatched and 3 pipped.

Latest posts