Rebeccas journal-it ran!!!!!!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i meant "variety" and Blue laced red is a very new color of wyandotte.

i know the yandotte itslef isnt a "new breed" and breed was the wrong choice of words, but in terms fo color, yes its "new"
and you dont have to be so snippy about a mischoice of term...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:lol: ~gd likes getting folks riled up Pinky :p Pain in the tailfeathers! :lol:

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
from that link id say those babies are Blue wyandottes (not laced though). they look exactly like the blue chicks pictured in that link :)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I posted it on BYC and got a few different answers. Someone posted pics of golden laced that look like mine. I'm going to keep them and see. Im just happy I got chicks and the bator worked!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today we had a blast!! Yesterday we hit the yard and gathered about a half gallon of worms. This morning we loaded up fishing supplies, food and 2 jugs of water. Then we headed for the lake where it joins the river. We got there and with all the pouring rain yesterday the water was WAY up and our normal fishing area was underwater. The water was also really muddy and swift. The wind was blowing and it was kinda cool out. We started to go right back home, but since I had driven all the way out there I didn't want to just turn around and make it a dry run. I couldn't even get the car down there and had to park out by the road. So I forced the kids to get out and we waded through mud down to the water and set out our poles. Within a few minutes DD caught a drum. One of the kids needed a pole set up so I handed my pole to youngest(4) DD and told her to hold it. A minute later she told me there was a fish on it. I looked over and she was fine and the pole was still. I told her no there wasn't and to keep holding it. Well a few seconds later she called me again and there was a fish on it. I ran over there and got the pole from her as it doubled over! I caught a catfish around 4 or 5 lbs! I was so shocked. That was the biggest catfish I'd caught in a loooong time! Well we set everyones pole up for catfish and we ended up catching 6 huge catfish. The first one was one of the smallest. A guy who lives near came down to watch us catching catfish! He said he'd never seen anyone catching catfish that size and as fast as we were. I caught 3 youngest DD caught 1(with help) and ds caught 2 of the biggest and middle DD caught a drum and a carp. She lost 2 fish. One broke her line as we almost had it in the the other tangled in brush and got away. The guy who came down to watch bought the rest of the worms from the kids. All together we brought in about 45 lbs of fish! Seriously it was great! God does answer prayers!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a great day. I need to get my license soon. It's almost opening day of trout season, and they do stock the lake near me. Plus, I've caught a ton of sunnies at the back of the lake B4.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I need to go fishing! 45 pounds of fish would fit nicely in my freezer ;)

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well the last few days we've been busy. Tuesday we went to a Passover supper kinda. We all sat around the table on the floor and they explained the traditions of Passover and the symbolic meanings of the different things to both Jews and Christians. It was really great. We acted it out. Then Wednesday I fixed the door on the shed again. This time I just turned the one huge door into a set of double doors. I like it way better that way and now if they forget to latch it and the wind catches it then it's ok. No more breaking. Then we made stalls for DD's horse and the mini. I was tired of them playing musical feed buckets. DD has been riding almost daily. I really like her horse. She's a flashy black and white paint with a lot of sense. She would make a great show horse. I love to watch her run. She holds her tail over her back and just shows off. I got up the other morning to no hot water. It keeps tripping the breaker. I don't know if it's the breaker or the heater doing it. Both are old. I can turn it on and it will heat the water then trip again. Now it trips almost from the time it turn it back on. I have 3 things off my list of to-do. Now 12 more to go. I didn't get much done today. Kids had a homeschool thing most of the day. The group got a grant for an art teacher to do some lessons with the kids. Today they acted. It was hilarious! They did 6 skits. Even DD 4 participated!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Any chance her horse could be part Arab?