Rebeccas journal-it ran!!!!!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Any chance her horse could be part Arab?
I was told her mother was 1/2. DD's horse shows the curved ear tips too, but she doesn't have a dished face at all and isn't as excitable as the other Arabians I've been around. She's fairly easy going and calm.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've seen pure Arabs that don't really have a dished face. But, you can tell in their ears, eyes, tails and attitude that they're all Arab! :lol:

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This morning I woke up just before daylight cold and sweaty and coughing. So I got up and started some laundry, checked on the critters, threw out hay and worked on the tiller. Then it hit me. The sore throat and overall crummy feeling. I did manage to get the carb cleaned and ready to go as soon as I get a new gasket and diaphragm. Then I should have a REAL working tiller!!!! I'm excited!!! And I'm fixing it all by myself!!! Well by myself with a repair manual, YouTube, and a friend who showed me how to get the carbeurator off in the first place. Lol and it happens to be the kind that just basically needs sprayed out and a new diaphragm. But anyway it's probably not all that impressive but I'm proud of me. I've got 2 more no good tillers sitting out there, no telling where this could all lead lol!! I also learned how to test for compression and spark. I actually had the motor running, but the carbeurator needed cleaned and fixed because it wasn't picking up the gas from the tank.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Can I be you when I grow up? :D

sounds like you're doing a GREAT job. I hope you feel better soon :hugs

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks. Right now I'm wrapped in a blanket with a fever. DD had it yesterday.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
Thanks. Right now I'm wrapped in a blanket with a fever. DD had it yesterday.
Ugh I hate those illnesses :hugs We'll say a prayer for you to feel beter really soon hun *hugs again, then sprays Lysol everywhere* ;) :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon. :hugs

I think I need to learn how to work on things myself. I have a lawn mower that I need to get running and hubby never has the time.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm proud of you!!!!! It sounds like you learned a lot! I do hope you feel better soon!!!!!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay still feel kinda crummy, but not quite as bad. I made myself get up. I fiddled with the carburetor some more trying to see how it worked and cleaned the tank up. It was really bad rusty. The whole tiller had been left out in the weather for a couple of years and not run. It had been bil's that he got for scrap I think. Anyway the tank/carb are built to go with each other and it has a reservoir that the gas is pumped into where it is picked up by the carb jet. Something like that anyway. Anyway the stinking little tank reservoir is rusted through and won't hold gas so it just leaks back into the big part. In other words it needs a new tank before I can fix it. That really stinks! We have several old motors and there is one out here that looks identical that I'll try. Now today I learned a few things about small engines. They're not as complicated as I thought, but in order to make up for that instead of using regular bolts and screws they use ones that nothing else on earth uses. Like screws with star heads instead of plain old Phillips or flat tip AND they make sure to put something so close that a pair of pliers won't get on it. Or the other one I found was if did use a Phillips or flat tip then they made sure to put 2 in easy reach and the other in an impossible to reach place and screw that one in extra tight. Also the last thing was you have to remove several parts that have nothing to do with what your doing to reach the last screw or wire or link thingy so you can take the part you are trying to get off. Then you have to remember where all that junk went back. But DD helped and we had fun. Ds had no interest in helping whatsoever.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:celebrate :bun :weee It ran!!!!!!!! It really ran!!!! Okay so I have about 6 old motors laying around that are locked up or missing pieces and such. I took the tank off a couple of them until I found one that was the same. It was still in pretty good shape and the hole patterns were the same so I hooked it all up and put it back together. Well honestly its kinda difficult to hook everything up so I didn't hook up the controls just in case I needed to take it all back off. Anyway I pulled and pulled and nothing happened. I tried everything I could think of and was about to take it back apart when I realized one of the wires was touching the frame which is how you kill it. I bent it around and pulled again and it started and ran!!!!!!! It took a lot of prayer and research but it's running now. Now I just have to learn how to adjust it to run better and hook up the controls and the kill switch. I feel so much smarter now. Still sick, but smarter. Lol

Latest posts