Rebeccas journal-it ran!!!!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Good for you. I think I need to learn how to do small engine repair myself.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a Haynes book, but to be honest YouTube videos helped more than anything. I'm one of those people who has to see it done. The book just confused me even more because nothing looked like the pictures and they didnt cover the details, only general stuff.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Same here. I'd rather have someone show me how to do something than tell me, or give me directions for that type of thing. Other things I'm fine w/written directions.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I do now have a running tiller, but it does need the carburetor adjusted. I can't seem to get it right and none of the linkages or throttle stuff was even on it when I got it so I may have that hooked up wrong. It runs but gets all sputtery sometimes. I think I have the throttle and choke hooked up wrong and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what that little spring hooked to the throttle was for. There was nothing hooked up when I started. Oh well. It runs, but so much for being a professional, yet. Lol Right now I don't have any place to use it anyway.
Church was really good today and I think the kids and I are going to read about Corrie Ten Boom and the holocaust this week or however long it takes us. I'm not really sure how much detail I should really go into, but I do think it is a very important thing to teach and I think that also reading about her experiences and her forgiveness, love, and faith will make it be a very special study. My dad was wounded in WWII and had shrapnel in his back until he died a couple years ago. I'm sure if he was still around he could tell them some stories!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
LMK how you like it. I've read some of her stuff, but not all. And, what I did read, I enjoyed.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Despite fall maintenance usually we can't get ours started in the spring. This year was the exception......for once.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well today I completely forgot about the library until it was too late. I paid a bill in town, and bought some feed. I stopped by walmart just because my trips to town are not often and I wasn't in a hurry to come home. I didn't really need anything, but I found strawberry plants for $1.15 each!!! They were big plants with berries and lots of runners too! I sooo hate being broke! I was able to get 4 plants though even though I had to cut out $5 out of something else, but it was worth it IMO. Anyway we packed fishing stuff because we pass the lake on the way to town and on the way back we went fishing. It's sooo frustrating trying to figure out how to stretch one dollar into two. I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of all the critters. Right now they're costing more than their producing. I could buy a dozen eggs with the money I'm spending on feed because I can't free range at all. I dunno. It seems like it would be cheaper and easier without them.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well my garden is really jumping up with these warm days. Yesterday I harvested the first bunch of turnips. I finally planted my jumbo muscadine, trailing blackberries and figs. I hope they all do okay. My other blackberries are blooming and putting on fruit. We have a wild mulberry that has the sweetest biggest fruit. We picked as much as we could get and I'm saving some for seed to plant in the spring. This fall I'm also going to take cuttings off of it because half the tree is already dying and I want to get a start before it dies completely!
So this morning DD who is 10 woke me up. She was feeling better and got up early. I woke up to "momma, momma! Look! It hasn't even tried to bite me yet!" I opened my eyes only to find myself face to face with a baby garter snake. Sheesh!!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
:lol: Are you sure you don't have me for a kid?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Kids! Years ago my stepdad handed my little brother a king snake and had him take it in to where my mom was in the kitchen and ask her if it was a king snake or a coral snake. He used to do stuff like that all the time to her.