Recycling toilet paper tubes

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

:lol:

eta Ooops. didn't realize this was going to go to the next page! I was yuckin' it up about the worm collars being a collar for a worm!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
A cut worm is a nasty little larval(?) wormy thing that lives in the soil- you plant a seedling and it comes out and chews throughthe stem at ground level- you just find your bright new seedling laying on it's side like a tiny lumberjack felled it. I used to cut the TP cardboard at a couple of inches high and put in around the seedling, pressing it into the soil a little bit. Cut worms don't climb so it protects the seedling til it gets too big for the worm. I wouldn't think it would work to help with anything that climbs like a borer or caterpillar but it does work if you have cut worms.
I wonder if you used something like tanglefoot on it whether it would keep out caterpillars too????

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I LOVE the fire starter idea!!!!

The boys usually get mine too. I don't complain though, because in order to get the tube you must be the one to exchange the empty roll with a new one. House rules!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
yep, a must! Nothing irritates me more than an empty toilet paper roll and the kids have heard it enough to know better than to leave one! Also, if the toilet paper rolls off the back instead of the front...another pet peeve of mine. :D

Ugly Cowboy

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
yep, a must! Nothing irritates me more than an empty toilet paper roll and the kids have heard it enough to know better than to leave one! Also, if the toilet paper rolls off the back instead of the front...another pet peeve of mine. :D
LOL you sound just like my folks when I was growin up! My Nana actually put up a sign one day that said, "Changin the toilet paper roll does not cause brain damage."

And the fire starter is the best thing ever! I done that all the time as a kid, then my folks would come out and yell at me for startin a fire. Yeah, folks can be awful strange sometimes... :hu

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
They are great for sliding over the thinner tubes of Christmas wrap, instead of taping, to keep the paper on the tube neatly
:weee :weee :weee :weee

Seriously. That is awesome. Better than rubber bands b/c they have a tendency to pucker the paper.

nccountrygirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Also, if the toilet paper rolls off the back instead of the front...another pet peeve of mine. :D
It must be a lefty thing but I'm totally opposite. I put it on to roll off the back.

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Laura, is that you in your avatar with that huge fish?! :th

Latest posts