Reducing expenses

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have rabbit,jenny,who bites me every chance she has. I keep her for her poop.Don't need to compost rabbit poo.

Radish sprouts are nice and spicey.Alfalfa is good.Broccoli sprouts kind of smell but ofcourse are goods for you! I even liked the sweetness of wheat sprouts.

It is 2 degree.I wonder if my hens will lay today. I have no idea on the temp in the house(furnace broke yesterday),but my house hen only lays every other day anyway.

I keep my dogs for security too!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Get your donation receipts and save them! I always thought it was too much of a hassle. I did it in 2010. My fiance is working on tax stuff so I added them up and gave him an itemized list.

$508. :woot

I hope that makes a little dent in our taxes. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MsPony said:
The rabbit is my baby, no effing way would she be food production (aside from that, she's from a rescue and spayed.) I buy her high quality hay & digestive supps as she's chinchilla furred and I don't want unncessary hairball surgeries. The horse is mine for life, not going to dump a 20 year old animal.
It's all in how you say it sweetie! The rats are to produce snake food to save $20/month. The rabbit is to produce manure. The horse is therapeutic. :D

Now everyong is earning its keep! :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
What am I doing right now? Waiting for the grocery store circulars in the Saturday mail. Somehow this is the high point of my week. :rolleyes: Can'ts wait to get my hands on them and find out what the loss leaders are for next week and see what I'll stock up, how much of a discount I can get. Can I beat 37% off?

:weee

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Every store in my area has them online. I have them in a folder together and every Wednesday I click "open all" and peruse LOL

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise said:
MsPony said:
The rabbit is my baby, no effing way would she be food production (aside from that, she's from a rescue and spayed.) I buy her high quality hay & digestive supps as she's chinchilla furred and I don't want unncessary hairball surgeries. The horse is mine for life, not going to dump a 20 year old animal.
It's all in how you say it sweetie! The rats are to produce snake food to save $20/month. The rabbit is to produce manure. The horse is therapeutic. :D

Now everyong is earning its keep! :gig
Haha I thought about all that last night!! I throw away Keiwiis litterbox but ill figure out how to compost it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My fiance wrote on the grocery list "pancake mix (recipe?)"

:woot I think my homemade pizza making is starting to have an effect.

Now to find a fluffy, fluffy pancake recipe! Any ideas?

I'm also applying for a job. I'm assuming I will get it. I am VERY qualified for the position and they've expressed interest in hiring me before. Just gotta get the details and make sure I have child care.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Fluffy Pancakes

2 cups self rising flour
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 cup water

easy peasy!

add cinnamon if you like. add fruit if you like. for extra fluff you can add another egg if you wish.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Ohh what job?
It's a kennel position at a dog breeding kennel. Also looking for training help. I happen to have experience working in a similar breeding kennel for the same breed of dog AND experience training in the 2 specific areas they train im.

Plus they have a grooming salon - I am a competent groomer. One area of their manufacturing is sewing - I have experience with commercial sewing using industrial machines.

And.... the first time I went their to buy dog food, they wanted to hire me even though they had no positions available. :D

I have to go buy dog food tomorrow anyway, so I'm bringing my resume in. My resume is perfectly tailored for a job like this.

It won't pay alot, but I'm only wanting $450 after paying childcare. Anything over that would make me happy.