Rescued a pup this past weekend.........

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
You have a kind heart rescuing and "buying" that dog. :hugs

I think you need to go one step further and call someone about the woman and children as well. That is a very sad situation.

Great job, he is a handsome boy!!

g
The Wife and I discussed doing that, but we are afraid she would KNOW who called. I don't need any redneck hillbilly dumbarse relatives of hers coming down here and starting sh!t. I'd just end up in jail. :D
Might let things cool off for a week or so then revisit the idea of informing Children Services.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
:thumbsup

Hopefully it will behave and realize that YOU are the reason that it is alive. All of the dogs we've saved don't seem to 'get' that.

If I had three kids, no car, no job, no money, and my boyfriend just left me, I'd have an attitude too! LOL. She's probably just had a hard time and is really stressed.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awww, he's beautiful!
Thank you for getting him out of that situation. He's going to make someone a wonderful companion. And might I just say, I love the sound of a coon dog talking.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
What a beautiful dog, and you have such a big heart!

I get so sad when I see things like that happening - why don't people in trouble just go hand the dog into the human society or pound or where-ever.

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lucky dog! Lucky you! Thanks

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Nice dog, nice rescue, nice you :thumbsup

I think what BB said needs to be considered. Just because you are dirt poor, doesn't mean you don't love your dog. She may just have been too stressed and even too ignorant to notice that the dogs were starving. Doesn't make it right for the dogs, but we just don't know all the circumstances of the woman.
And it is kind of scary to have a man walk in your yard and you didn't even know it.
Even if you were doing a good deed, SKR8PN

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Nice dog, nice rescue, nice you :thumbsup

I think what BB said needs to be considered. Just because you are dirt poor, doesn't mean you don't love your dog. She may just have been too stressed and even too ignorant to notice that the dogs were starving. Doesn't make it right for the dogs, but we just don't know all the circumstances of the woman.
And it is kind of scary to have a man walk in your yard and you didn't even know it.
Even if you were doing a good deed, SKR8PN
I agree......but she sure isn't/wasn't paying attention. I was there a total of 5 times, in my truck and I parked it not more than 20ft from the front door. The very same door she came out of when we finally got in touch with her. I slammed the truck door each and every time. I even had the rear bed cover opened and closed. I TRIED to make as much noise as I could. I am thinking she was either engrossed in the TV or computer or something else.......I didn't knock on the door because of all the junk setting around it. The house really and truly does look abandoned!