Rescued a pup this past weekend.........

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Well.....John Boy has been here a week now and is coming along rather nicely. He has put on a little weight, has calmed down quite a bit and we are starting him on some basic obedience commands. He is learning to come(for a cookie of course!) and he will now sit and wait for me to put his food bowl down. That in itself says volumes about his temperament after being starved almost to death! We are just starting to work on his leash manners. He is a typical hound, he puts his nose to the ground and starts looking for a scent. Fortunately he is VERY food oriented so it is fairly easy to get his attention...........specially when you have pieces of a hot dog in your hand! :gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Update to the update!! John Boy has a VOICE!! :th We introduced him to our other dogs this evening, and he actually let out a real live coon dog Hooooowwwwwlll!!! :th He got along GREAT with our other 3 girls!!
All 4 dogs are now DEAD TIRED!! :ya

EVERYONE will sleep well tonight!! :gig

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am glad he went to a real dog friend like you are! I know you all will do your level best for him. He is a truly lucky dog.

As for the mom/kids thing ... are the kids school age? If so I would call the school and tell them what you told us. Ask for a counselor or school/home liaison. The school is REQUIRED by law to report abuse to the authorities and follow up on the children. This would get you out of the loop and get the kids help if needed.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Update to the update!! John Boy has a VOICE!! :th We introduced him to our other dogs this evening, and he actually let out a real live coon dog Hooooowwwwwlll!!! :th He got along GREAT with our other 3 girls!!
All 4 dogs are now DEAD TIRED!! :ya

EVERYONE will sleep well tonight!! :gig
Awww, thats so cool, he has friends now - he's so dang happy! :ya :celebrate :thumbsup

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
I am glad he went to a real dog friend like you are! I know you all will do your level best for him. He is a truly lucky dog.

As for the mom/kids thing ... are the kids school age? If so I would call the school and tell them what you told us. Ask for a counselor or school/home liaison. The school is REQUIRED by law to report abuse to the authorities and follow up on the children. This would get you out of the loop and get the kids help if needed.
They are not school age. I don't know where to turn to see if they need any help........ Children Services won't get involved unless there is PROOF of abuse........

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
All four dogs out in the back yard together this morning. Notice that John actually has his tail up and not tucked up under his belly!! :celebrate

392665171.jpg

392665170.jpg

392665185.jpg

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pictures.
He is a great looking dog - they all are.