Rescued a pup this past weekend.........

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Gosh, he looks sooooo much better already! What a difference a little lovin' can make, huh?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Good job, SKR8PN! Either he's a smart boy or you're a great trainer! :lol:
I think it's both!!! He looks great Skr8pn you are doing a great job. he seems to get along well in your pack.

:D

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
It doesn't even have to be abuse, someone will investigate for neglect as well. If she has no transportation and no money I'm guessing she is going to run out of food sooner or later, unless she has a friend stopping by every so often.

http://www.pcsao.org/
http://www.pcsao.org/AboutPCSAO/2009/09ReportChildAbuse.pdf

And I'm not saying the kids NEED to be taken away from her but again we can't be sure what is going on.

Besides, if someone checks in and there isn't any issues, she should just be happy there are people out there who would care enough for a child's well-being.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
she should just be happy there are people out there who would care enough for a child's well-being.
I seriously doubt she will see it this way, BB. When someone comes to your home to investigate your mothering abilities, it is always a threat, not viewed as help.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Great job on the rescue. He's looking good and it sounds like you are doing so wonderfully by him. :)

And I have to agree x 1000 with Bee's words. I doubt anyone would be glad child services shows up. I had a vindictive ex's new "friend" call CPS on me with a bunch of lies. Even though I was totally cleared and praised for being a GOOD mother, AND the ex got in trouble for reporting -- it was one of the most nerve-wracking experiences of my life.

Thinking you might lose your kids and that some investigator thinks you are a bad mother is never something someone is likely to be grateful for.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
If she IS a good mother, then there should be no worry. Not sure how these services work in your states, and unfortunately they can be far from perfect at times, but they are there for a reason.

On the other hand, again, we aren't sure what is going on other than it seems rather fishy. Should this be shrugged off because someone doesn't want to offend someone? (Not to put the spotlight on you Skr8pn, you seen it, not us, your call)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Latest update on John Boy. After 3 trips to the Vet, we are finally getting a handle on John Boys health issues. i won't bore you guys with ALL the details, but suffice it to say it is NEVER a good thing to see blood running out of a male dogs manhood! :th Ol John Boy is going to be going under the knife(neutered) as soon as we get some more weight on him, and he gets off the antibiotics. He is doing fabulous otherwise! He and our one Lab have fallen in love with each other. Thank goodness she can't do any more than tease the poor boy! :lol:
We have a forever home lined up for John as soon as we get him all healed up. They just lost their other dog to cancer about 3 months ago and the remaining pup is very lonely. His new family have been here 3 or 4 times and can't wait to take him to meet their other dog!

ANYWAY...... Ol John Boy is learning some manners in the mean time. He will now sit for a cookie, down on command, knows "go to your room(his crate) and just yesterday I taught him the fine art of going up and down a long set of steps by introducing him to our basement stairs! :gig He wasn't real thrilled the first couple of times, but he got the hang of it pretty quick!! John Boy as of yesterday.

392961694.jpg

392948924.jpg

John with his first true love, Shirley Ann.
392926045.jpg

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
... but suffice it to say it is NEVER a good thing to see blood running out of a male dogs manhood! :th
Gee...I'm thinkin' that can't be good for anyone's manhood, dog or otherwise... :/

I'm glad you've found him a good forever home, SKR8PN, but I'm a little sad to hear that he'll be separated from his girlfriend!! :hit