Rescued a pup this past weekend.........

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:hugs He is beautiful. And so are you for rescuing him. Although I've rescued several dogs, I know in my heart I'm the lucky one for doing it. He sounds like he's going to be a wonderful addition to your family!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Good for you for rescuing that poor hound. It is sad that any dog would get that skinny.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a wonderful blessing you are for this pup!! Now, just keep an eye on the human kids! They may need an angel to help them too.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Nice dog, nice rescue, nice you :thumbsup

I think what BB said needs to be considered. Just because you are dirt poor, doesn't mean you don't love your dog. She may just have been too stressed and even too ignorant to notice that the dogs were starving. Doesn't make it right for the dogs, but we just don't know all the circumstances of the woman.
And it is kind of scary to have a man walk in your yard and you didn't even know it.
Even if you were doing a good deed, SKR8PN
Ditto on this. Hey, SKR8PN...I was single mom with three kids! :p I agree that, if she couldn't feed the dogs she could have had a relative call the pound and have them picked up.

She might have thought you were one of her ex-boyfriend's jerk friends coming back after the dog or to make trouble in some way.

Single moms who are poor are preyed on by lots of folks....particularly men. They learn quickly to not open the door or answer the phone unless they know the person.

Still....very nice of you to help her with the dogs! :thumbsup

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good for you!
I know he will make a great pet as he will be forever grateful for being rescued.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
He seems to be coming along OK, weight wise. The obedience thing is going to require a LOT of work.
One GOOD thing is, since he was starved to death, FOOD makes a great training tool to get his attention! :gig So far, he is learning his name and he has "sit" down pretty well. Recalls are going to require some time and patience. He is very easily distracted, mainly because he doesn't KNOW anything ABOUT anything. Even watching the garage door go up scared the bejesus out of him!