Restoring/rescuing a 100+ year old shed. Am I nuts?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I took yesterday off from the shed as well, so decided today to get back to it. It's raining on and off though. I got fed-up with all the bottles lying around, so decided to take some of them to the recycling bins here, after digging a few more out. I did two trips to drop them off, came back and went into the shed to pick up some that were lying inside…. Found two biggish bones lying side-by-side in the spot where I was crouching down when I was digging earlier. I did not put them there. I did not see them this morning, I would've tossed them out if I did. I seem to have a haunted shed. Great? o_O I'd lie if I say that discovery didn't bother me a wee bit...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a bit…

I took a lot of bottles away. Wish I had a place to take the rest of the junk to, so it's gone. It's starting to get on my nerves now, but I want it removed in one go, so I have to wait until I have everything out of the shed.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think you have either someone or some animal playing tricks on you and placing bones in the work area while you were away. Don't get me wrong I do believe in ghosts and spririts but the Holy Ghost and His Spirit is really the only ghost/spirit I want to be associated with. Any others I'm not interested in. And yeah... I was very active in a Pentecostal Holiness Church for many years, though I never handled any poison
snakes not yet anyways -:)

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Ghosts and the paranormal is something I've had some experiences with, but only one "negative" so far. As long as whatever is around the shed is "good" I'm o.k. with it :) I decided it's best to ignore it and continue with my work in there.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You could always make a pile of the bones, and have some local University archelogical professor come check them out... They could bring students to help you dig for more. Of course then, you'd be tripping over your help as they clear it out grid by grid with toothbrushes! :lol:
Maybe you just need a dog to dig those bones out and to chase off local pranksters. :idunno

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:lol: You know what, when I started finding bones I was a bit freaked out, especially the one I found that for a few horrible seconds looked so much like human skull! I joked with a friend here and and said, dang, I'm starting to wish it was, I could have the Garda (Police) come clean out the shed for me while they look for more bones and evidence! lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Back to the jars, whoever lived here really loved Bovril. I'm up to 16 jars now. And that's not counting the broken ones. Mostly big jars, but I found some smaller ones too.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Only the Bovril ones. The others lost their labels unfortunately. I'd love to know what was in them. I found a few more Bovril jars today. I'm up to about 20 now lol Apparently Bovril was a bit of a staple or a very important foodstuff for the Irish some years ago.

I found two tea cups today :) Intact, but no markings. And one very pretty one that lost it's handle, unfortunately. I'm making good progress out there today, but had to come in out of the rain for a bit now…

Oh, I found an interesting bit by the window, that looks like an animal feeding area, or something? I need to dig it out more, but it makes me think the shed was originally used to house animals. Interesting.