Restoring/rescuing a 100+ year old shed. Am I nuts?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My landlord offered a few months ago to take away any rubbish/junk I dig out in the backyard as I'm cleaning it up. He already took some of it away for me. Once I'm ready and done clearing out the shed I'm going to ask him if he can bring round a trailer so we can get that stuff out of here.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Dynamite might be your best course of action. :ep
DON'T tempt me! lol We dug around a little in there this afternoon and finally got some more big pieces of junk out, followed by me finding a massive tree root that is so going to make things difficult for me very soon. That dang tree…

You know what? There is a stone quarry not terribly far from me. They use explosives don't they?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@sumi you are absolutely nutso crazy to do this project and I LOVE IT! I would do it too! :love
Thanks :hugs I agree on the nuts part, for sure, stark raving bonkers I am. I am going to tell my landlord when I move from here, I am going to come back at least once a year to check on that shed! ;)

I'm so tired now, but I'm thinking about that wire mess and wanting to just go out there and cut the lot loose and get it out of there…

@Beekissed I think of you all the time when I go out there. COMPOST! The most beautiful leaf compost and so much of it. It's just awesome. I'm going to have to sift it to get all the broken glass out of it, but I am going to use that for something, somewhere. Maybe add it to my existing heap for now, or bag it up for future use.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
All this aside… When did I find that skull? I was working not far from where I dug it out about an hour later when I felt one of my gloves hit me in the back. (I left from on top of the wall behind me). I ignored it at first, as I thought it was DS or a friend coming to see how I'm doing and wanting to give me a fright. After a few seconds I carefully looked around, no-one there. I got up and looked around properly, no-one but me in the backyard. Who threw that glove at me then? o_O