rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hunting has begun here. Hearing some shots last couple weeks but not seen anything coming out. But mostly the hunters are only owners on own land. There are plenty deer out there! With all the crops ours are pretty well fed....corn, p-nuts, soybean...soon winter wheat. Lot of turkey in my area, too.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it should be called uncivilwar... :)

hunting season has started here, but all year it is hunting season by car around here anyways. you can always get fresh meat from along the roads...

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug Not convinced that would be "fresh" meat. And we have a lot of deer kill along the highways also.

It is bow season here. Deer are in rut and the farm fields were stripped bare this weekend. Bet our old hay field is looking pretty good to them now, lol. Time to buy a crossbow license. I actually jumped a doe and 2 fawns in the old pasture area last week.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well I didn't get my deer. Deer season ends on Monday out here, we saw a lot but they were either in places we couldn't shoot or it was a buck. Although my truck got a deer safe days ago. Ron was going out to work and a buck walked out in front of him.
20201125_102853.jpg
My hunting buddies.
20201128_111858.jpg20201128_111852.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well I didn't get my deer. Deer season ends on Monday out here, we saw a lot but they were either in places we couldn't shoot or it was a buck. Although my truck got a deer safe days ago. Ron was going out to work and a buck walked out in front of him.
View attachment 15055
My hunting buddies.
View attachment 15056View attachment 15057

love the pics, :) sad about the damage. :(

my nephew and some friends were out hunting last week and some does were lined up that his friend managed to shoot two with one shot. they have a vid of it, not the greatest quality, but i'd never seen anything like that before. *bang* *plop* *plop* very efficient.

with the large number of deer and fewer hunters the state issued more permits with higher limits and less restrictions on them so people can get their fill.