rodeogirl's journey to being self-sufficient

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The joy of old trucks my transmission is messed up. It's hard to shift when running. I'm hoping that it's just a cheep fix but knowing my luck it won't be.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time picturing it! I have fond memories of Cody, WY. After long day driving, and last leg through mountains at night (scary), we stopped in Cody for gas and food. I think Pizza Hut. Beautiful country out there.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time picturing it! I have fond memories of Cody, WY. After long day driving, and last leg through mountains at night (scary), we stopped in Cody for gas and food. I think Pizza Hut. Beautiful country out there.
If you want a scary drive at night you need to go down 14A there's a reason truckers get fired if they even try to take that rode up or down the mountain

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If you want a scary drive at night you need to go down 14A there's a reason truckers get fired if they even try to take that rode up or down the mountain

Oh my gosh! I recall not seeing any trucks, so I asked DH and we looked at some maps. We were on 14A - at night, during a storm, and our navigation kept saying that there was fallen rocks on the road ahead so I was anxious about getting stuck. It was BEAUTIFUL at dusk, but the darker it got, the scarier it was!!

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah there's always rocks in the road up there most people that I know I won't let him drive up there I've seen too many wrecks and if they don't know the mountain it can be too dangerous